Festool Rotex RO90 or RO125?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Okay, so I've budgeted for a CT26 dust collector, TS55 plunge saw and a sander in a project I'm doing.

I'm torn between the RO90 and the RO125 sanders. The 125 is $50 more, but uses 5" pads instead of 3.5".

However, the RO90 now has a detail sander attachment and another sanding mode. I've never used a detail sander much, but I can see the use for it in the future because I get those stupid RO sander marks in the corners of panels, and then I have to try to hand sand that out.

But, I'm concerned about finish sanding with a 3.5" disk, and polishing with that small size as well.

Does anyone here own either, and can you tell me what you like and dislike?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have the 125 and really like it a lot. Good dust collection, quiet, light weight, seems to do everything I need it to for finish sanding. I tend to use it primarily for finish sanding, moving through the grits up to 220 or 400 depending on the project.

I use some more aggressive sanders for rough stuff. A belt sander and non-random orbital palm sander.

Haven't tried the RO90 detail sander. I just use my Dremel MultiMax tool for that function.

- Ken.

fergy

New User
Fergy
I pulled the trigger on the 90 today. I figured the part I hate most about sanding is the inside corners of panels, so this is a good way to go. I was pretty concerned about a 3.5" pad versus a 5", but I figure it will just take more sanding time to get the same work done.

Here's hoping it doesn't suck. But then that's what the 30-day guarantee if for.

Let's just say I had some buyer's remorse today. But I'm really stoked about all of these tools.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
You may want to also look at the RS2, I own the RO150 and love it but after I scored a used RS2, thats become my goto sander now. It's great for flat surfaces.

I have no experience with the RO90 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS