Fake drawer front

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
If this is not the right forum for this I am sorry:embaresse I am thinking about putting one of those fold down drawers where the fake drawer front is in our vanity - does anyone else have these and if so are they worth putting in? Thanks for the info:icon_thum

nelsone

New User
Ed
We have them in our house and use them all the time. I keep my toothbrush, toothpaste, and razor in mine. We also have them in the kitchen and keep the dish scrubber in it. I would have to say they are worth the effort.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
We have them in our house and use them all the time. I keep my toothbrush, toothpaste, and razor in mine. We also have them in the kitchen and keep the dish scrubber in it. I would have to say they are worth the effort.

Thank Nelson - can a person make the parts or is it better to go buy the kit?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Phillip. Next time you are over remind me to show you the ones in my kitchen if you need ideas.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I'm in the planning stages of my new kitchen and this is an idea I had not thought of. Thanks all for the post and the replys. This site really keeps me thinking which is a very dangerous thing.

jglord

New User
John
I've used the Rockler kit in a kitchen and it has worked very well. The hinges a fairly complex and would probably be hard to duplicate. The have a nice spring action keeping the panel closed.

Dcoop

New User
David
I recently installed one in our bathroom vanity. Woodworkershardware.com has the hinge and the plastic tray on sale now. Easy to install and LOML really likes it.
David

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks everyone for the info - I need to get this done before LOML says something about that hole in the vanity:gar-La;

nelsone

New User
Ed
I would definitely buy the hardware. It's not worth the effort to try making it. They really are handy.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Hey Philip,

How wide is the drawer you'll put it on. I've got one of the trays and the hinges for it that you can have for zero $$$. I took it off a false front we had and put a drawer in it's place. I'll dig it out and measure it.

Tom Swortzel

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hey Philip,

How wide is the drawer you'll put it on. I've got one of the trays and the hinges for it that you can have for zero $$$. I took it off a false front we had and put a drawer in it's place. I'll dig it out and measure it.

Tom Swortzel

Hey Tom, thank you very much :icon_thum = the hole is 22 - 3/8 x 4 - 3/4

thrt15nc

Tom
User
This is 14 inches wide. If you think it'll work, PM me your snail mail address and I'll get it out to you today.

Tom

DSCF00334.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have these in my kitchen. 3 total. the only issue is to make sure your sink sits far enough back to acomodate the tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS