Fair Warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptully

New User
Chris
Trav - you hit the nail on the head in that I'll be installing a some type of fire suppression system. Right now my problem is water volume and pressure (I'm on a well), so I'm kicking around different ideas re a gaseous type of system (also won't damage the equipment). Still have a ways to go here though.

Scott,

Be very careful with chemical suppressants. Halon is used in big computer facilities because it will very quickly snuff an electrical fire with no damage to unburned equipment.:gar-Bi However, you typically only have 30 seconds to get out of the room if you want to live...:no:

On another note, I would strongly suggest having several (at least two on each short wall and three to four on the long walls) EPO (Emergency Power Off) buttons.:widea: These amount to manual breakers on the main power line to the shop. Bang one in an emergency and all power is cut instantly. Depending on the design of the system you could even tie it into motor breaks to stop the motors from spinning sooner... You might want to exempt lights and blowers from the EPO.

Chris

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott:

Why a cabinet saw instead of a slider? (Not that that cabinet saw isn't amazing!) :icon_thum

Kevin

Space, personal comfort, etc. Even at 5,300 square feet, I'll still be space challenged in certain portions of the shop due to the large machinery and need to maneuver around.

If I need to rip a large panel, I can use the Festool plunge saw (I have a 108" straight edge with mine); the quality is fantastic.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Some stuff can't be replaced after a fire but you are sure giving it a try.You are really working on a dream shop.I am just trying to figure out how I can afford a 29.95 Dremel plunge attachment.Tony

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Just for Travis.... here is some additional gloating...

hs_ks120_561283_p_02a.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That I think I would like to have......

What was your address again? I can't seem to find you in the phone book....

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
dang Bro. I'll bet even ol Norm Abrams would be wishin he was you. That is quite a haul. Are you going to try to put Bassett Furniture out of buisness?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I thought I recognized that address. I have been there many times (seriously). They threatened to admit me one time.:embaresse We would fit in very well!

I remember working in one of the wards there one time. Went into one of the bathrooms and it was almost spooky how big it was. The place was empty and the building was no longer occupied. There were 20 urinals on a wall, and 20 water closets on the other. No walls, no dividers, nothing. It was clean, but still, very large and open. Eerie....

cpowell

New User
Chuck
So, 5 measley pages and you're done!?? :dontknow:

How can you cut things off so quickly? I don't think you're over $100k yet, huh? :gar-La; :gar-La;

(envy setting in)

Chuck

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
So, 5 measley pages and you're done!?? :dontknow:

How can you cut things off so quickly? I don't think you're over $100k yet, huh? :gar-La; :gar-La;

(envy setting in)

Chuck

Well, if you factor in the items already purchased and the cost of the building, believe me, we're WELL over 100k....

As to more items, if you insist....

g0564.jpg

h3601.jpg

h5115.jpg

t21143.jpg

5240w.jpg

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Striker, thanks for the link. I actually already have a 37" wide belt sander (was pictured earlier in the string).

75HP sounds a bit high for a 37" though; most of them are in the 15 - 20 HP range.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Dang Scott...

You might as well go ahead and order a tractor trailer load of keyboards and offer them to NCWW'er members at a great rate because I'm sure with all of this drooling there are a few ruined ones around.

It looks like you're getting set up pretty well! Enjoy the new toyls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS