ex lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digit

New User
Dave
Well ok, I said ex, but I lurk better than I type. I am always starting new hobbies so I decided to start woodworking. Actually I am a Log home builder and have made many rustic things for customers and decided I could do some of them better with new tools, (thats the part that gets me in trouble).
Anyway I decided I better try to learn something from you all so my wife doesnt make me get rid of my toys. :gar-Bi
I have the reign of a 2 car garage and am interested in shop layouts and jigs, I have a few routers and wanted to make a router table for one, and I want to make a downdraft sanding table, so, anybody know any designs?
I have read your posts on dust collectors and bought a HF 2 hp today. I am ordering the filter cartridge tomorrow,, so thank you all for the input in advance.
I also forgot to mention, I like to brew beer but havent done so in about 6 months, love the dark crunchy beers. :eek:ccasion1

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave - we have another Dave here that also enjoys woodworking & beer brewing, so you're in good company. Log home building - great! Got any pictures of your work? (as a lurker, you should know we looooove pictures. Thanks for the intro - I'm sure someone here has plans for a good downdraft table.

Digit

New User
Dave
I put a couple of pics in the gallery,, I am trying to figure out how to get some of the pics to transfer over,, this isnt as easy as i would have thought. And being technically challenged I havent had a digital camera that long, so some of my pics are on film,, oh well. The wife loves Hawaii if ya'll want some pics of that :rotflm:. A pic of my house under construction.
IMGP1018.JPG

View image in gallery

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Dave. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap That's some impressive work on that log cabin. :cool: A router table is one thing on my to do list as well. Haven't looked into it a lot yet but I'm sure before long I will. Anyway, I'm glad you came out of the shadows. You've found a wonderful group of folks here and it's great to have you on board. :eek:ccasion1

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Look at the Bench Dog (Lee in Cary has one; that helps Trent, maybe :) ) before you make a router table. That is the nicest small one I have seen. Digit has a 2 car garage and is probably going to build a big mondo one, so it probably doesn't matter whether he can see one...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Dave, from one to another. I really love the hand rail in your picture. When I win the lottery, I will have a log home, with that rustic style interior. I look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

Dragon

New User
David
Welcome Dave. I too work with logs but not quite on the scale you do. Great looking abode you got going there. I've always wanted a log home but they quickly got priced out of my budget until I win the lotto or something.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Dave!!!:icon_thum

Glad that you have come out of the woodwork and started telling us a little about yourself.

Enjoy the goings on here, post often and continue with the fine project pictures of your work.

Take care,

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our soft pile of virtual sawdust, Dave. Glad you found us and for one, I like the rustic look (but it would be a dream for me; LOML is a traditionalist!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS