Ever get the Segmented Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

Welp I DID IT! Yup my First Segment. After buying the two books pictured & My awesome sister having a :new_birth I decided to make her a present.

So here it is from start to finish:

I would also like to Thank My Darkside Father Earl, my Teacher and all the great things he has taught me & how to use my mind and creative side!:notworthy:

& I would Also like to Thank the MAN that allowed me to make these things happen, Thanks DaveO, You Truely Rock!
I surely can't thank you enough!:notworthy:

Thanks N.C.W.W.:notworthy:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
That ring (or is it a bangle?) sure is purty!

I believe Earl is being studied by the medical profession. His strain of segmented bug is something special. :wink_smil

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
AWESOME! I've yet to do the segmented stuff ... but it ain't far out! That looks great and one heck of a GLOAT in there!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Yep your hooked now :gar-La;

You can sure say that Again! :icon_cheers

Very good for the first go at it:icon_thum

Thank you, it means a lot to mean to hear you say that!

Nope never got "the segmented bug" but I think Earl was first diagnosed with it.

I think you are right Jeff, I am glad I caught it from him then. At least I know where he has been with that segmented bug!

That ring (or is it a bangle?) sure is purty!

Umm a Bangle or bracelet!

I believe Earl is being studied by the medical profession. His strain of segmented bug is something special. :wink_smil

He sure does have a special case of the Segmented bug! The bug I got is not the special case one, but I heard it can turn into it in time. :eek: :rotflm:

Yup.... Earlitis is spreading. :icon_thum

It Sure is Scott, & I like the feeling it gives!:icon_cheers

Looks great Matthew - I am sure your sister will love it - what is the size and the material

I hope she does, but I had my wife try it on, and it fits her well, and my sister is a little smaller. She's only 4'11" Welp if it doesn't fit her, I guess I have another reason to make another segmented bangle/bracelet!:gar-Bi

The outer diameter is 3 1/16" & inner dia. is 2 11/16" and the width is 11/16" & thickness is 3/16". It is made of Oak & Walnut

Thanks everyone, YOU ALL ROCK!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
& I would Also like to Thank the MAN that allowed me to make these things happen, Thanks DaveO, You Truely Rock!
I surely can't thank you enough!:notworthy:

Thanks N.C.W.W.:notworthy:

You just did, I wanted the lathe to go to someone who would use it, enjoy it, appreciate it, and make people happy with their creations on it. You've covered all of them.
That's a really cool turning, I was waiting to see how you were going to put the bottom on that bowl :icon_scra:icon_scra. I've never attempted segmented turning or turning a bracelet, so I learned something today :icon_thum

Great job :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
You have pulled ages ahead of most of the turners on this site, That is an awesome turning. My hat is off to you:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
You just did, I wanted the lathe to go to someone who would use it, enjoy it, appreciate it, and make people happy with their creations on it. You've covered all of them.
That's a really cool turning, I was waiting to see how you were going to put the bottom on that bowl :icon_scra:icon_scra. I've never attempted segmented turning or turning a bracelet, so I learned something today :icon_thum

Great job :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Thanks Dave, :notworthy: I have made people happy, :icon_cheers especially the Wife. :banana: And Dave learn something wow that's cool. I think the Bracelet in the picture is going to be to big for my sister, it fits my wife fine, and yesterday with a little hand twisting and maneuvering, I put it on my left hand and got it off.:elvis: So I will get the caliper out and make another bracelet, but smaller and post that.

I also learned something from Earl yesterday when he came to get some of the bowl blanks I got from Mark (Gofor). Don't cross the grains on segments as I did with the walnut, it may be thin enough not to crack, but I don't want that happening to my awesome sister.

I will surely live up to using it, enjoying it, appreciating it, and making people happy with it! :notworthy: :banana: :notworthy: :banana: :notworthy:

You have pulled ages ahead of most of the turners on this site, That is an awesome turning. My hat is off to you:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Wow Thank you TracyP.

But I am not so sure that is true I am still learning many many things from all of you and trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can with what time I do have, I want to enjoy every minute of my good years in WoodWorking, and Raising my children. :banana: :gar-Bi

So question, why do you say I have pulled ages ahead of most turners on this site? I have seen some pretty amazing turnings that I still :swoon: at, and wonder how it was done, and then say, hum lets figure this out and try it out. I save NCWW peoples pictures of they're work that i want to try to duplicate.

Anyway Thank you greatly, :notworthy: I have babbled long enough.

Sir Chiz

New User
Phil
Nope, never get the urge, I use the "Segmental Patch"(TM), works great!! :mrgreen:

Nice lookin' bracelet though. :cool: Nice tutorial too.

I tried making a coupla "regular" ones for my Granddaughter,they're in my photo album. First one went up to her shoulder,then fell off, :eusa_doh: second one was too heavy for her to lift her scrawny little arm, :no: that was the end of my bracelet making venture. :wink_smil

Phil. Segmental Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS