Easy way out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I went by Steve's today and began the transition of all the financial stuff over.

American Express was PAINFUL. We did a telephone call together and I think we got routed overseas. 30 minutes later, I have a new AMEX card coming, but it is going to Steve's house.

Changing over Bank of America was easy. I have a check card coming to my house.

I have installed Quickbooks and I have restored the database, but I am waiting for all the software updates to complete. Figuring it out will be interesting to say the least.

The biggest thing I learned and now realize from talking to Steve is we ALL need to make our roles as easy as possible. When I first looked at some of the stuff he was doing, I assumed no big deal, I can eliminate that, and not pay for that. After talking with him I realize that the few dollars some of this stuff costs is worth the savings in time. Is the few minutes saved worth making a task a burden and then your not wanting to do it, and then getting frustrated? It isn't for me, nor do I think it is for you, so, if there is something we need to do or buy be it software, plug ins, changes that will make our roles easier, we need to look at doing it so this stays pleasant for each of us and doesn't become a burden.

So, I have spoke my peace, but know this, I have the cash, and I am S T I N G Y!!! All expenditures will require signatures in triplicate in black ink from every board member.:no: Just kidding.:gar-Bi

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I went by Steve's today and began the transition of all the financial stuff over.

American Express was PAINFUL. We did a telephone call together and I think we got routed overseas. 30 minutes later, I have a new AMEX card coming, but it is going to Steve's house.

Changing over Bank of America was easy. I have a check card coming to my house.

I have installed Quickbooks and I have restored the database, but I am waiting for all the software updates to complete. Figuring it out will be interesting to say the least.

The biggest thing I learned and now realize from talking to Steve is we ALL need to make our roles as easy as possible. When I first looked at some of the stuff he was doing, I assumed no big deal, I can eliminate that, and not pay for that. After talking with him I realize that the few dollars some of this stuff costs is worth the savings in time. Is the few minutes saved worth making a task a burden and then your not wanting to do it, and then getting frustrated? It isn't for me, nor do I think it is for you, so, if there is something we need to do or buy be it software, plug ins, changes that will make our roles easier, we need to look at doing it so this stays pleasant for each of us and doesn't become a burden.

So, I have spoke my peace, but know this, I have the cash, and I am S T I N G Y!!! All expenditures will require signatures in triplicate in black ink from every board member.:no: Just kidding.:gar-Bi
And very well spoken it is:notworthy::notworthy:

M

McRabbet

As you guys have seen from the emails I've been sending as bcc's, it looks like we have a new sidebar advertiser coming from Carolina Lumber Sourcing -- So that means I get a minimum $50/month allowance, right?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
As you guys have seen from the emails I've been sending as bcc's, it looks like we have a new sidebar advertiser coming from Carolina Lumber Sourcing -- So that means I get a minimum $50/month allowance, right?

As long as you split the $50 bucks with me, since approaching them was my idea :gar-La;

Seriously, Trav you make a good point about keeping things easy.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I agree as long as when it comes time to pass things off to the next person the add-ons do not make things harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS