Dust collector transition plan needed

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
IMG_9955.jpeg
I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to find a plan to build/fold a transition to go from 20 inch round to 8 inch round with the 8 inch being offset to one side
Here is my rough sketch
Thanks

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Find a HVAC guy to make that for you. They can probably cut the parts on a cnc too.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Check with Hamlin Sheet Metal in Garner. Does it have to be off set, or can it be straight? Which direction is flow in?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Google "Laying out a cone " for your answer. Several You Tubes out there. Been trying to remember how my sheet metal guy did it using framing square when building cones for cyclone workshop years ago.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I can model it up in 3d and sent you a pdf of the full size flat pattern with bend lines if your interested.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Looking at it again on my PC instead of my phone.

How long do you want the rings on each end to be? Much preference on the overall length? It'd be pretty quick to model up a few variations if you want to check material usage.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
This reminded me of freshman drafting at WVIT. I used to know how to do that. I guess we forget now we have 3D modeling. Oval pipe intersection to a square duct on the edge. Yea, that was on the final. :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS