Dust Collection questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmakra

New User
George
Ok Jeremy Ill bite.
I dont have it in for Pentz but I will say his method of delivering the info is
very alarmist and benefit to sell dust collectors.
Remember a few years back when french fries could kill you because of carcinogens, or hot dogs how about salt?
Ill bet your still alive after all these alarming revelations.
Here are some of the issues I have with the reporting.
Alnor is the company that is the industry standard for air measurement equipment.
And if you are in the clean room business Shortridge is the go to manufacture.
The above companies can be calibrated and certified to NIST standards.

I have used such equipment in the past and when you power it on and walk around a office environment or a home you while see typically 200-750 5 microns in a cubic foot of air. So you are already swimming in a sea of dirty air.

I will use an analogy here and dust collection is very much like vacuuming a swimming pool.
You vacuum the pool on the bottom and pick up the big derbies but there is still a lot of microbes, flora etc in the pool that will never get removed by the filter. But most of it is harmless and you dont think about it.

So if you really wanted to have a clean environment you would introduce clean air from the top of the shop and have it return to get cleaned on the bottom of the floor. Then it would go through a pre filter, filter then the HEPA filter and be recycled through the shop again. The dust collection would be used to pick up newly introduced particles.

PM me and when I get home in a week I will send you a trove of info guaranteed to put you to sleep like Rip Van Winkle.

In the mean time toss every thing you think you know about ventilation and start with a fresh look at it.

Google
Fan types and design
Fan laws
Visit Alnor, for info on air measurement tools.
Visit Flanders filters since they manufacture all the real HEPA and above filters.

Buy the book
https://www.amazon.com/HVAC-Equations-Rules-Thumb-Third/dp/0071829598/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511459655&sr=1-1&keywords=hvac+equations%2C+data%2C+and+rules+of+thumb

George

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Flanders, hey. I've visited their plant in Washington NC. Also Camfill-Far's. Interesting thought about Flanders that you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS