Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am all in favor of issuing a formal warning to Dragon based on most if not all of his posts. I will do the pm. Thoughts quickly please..... Steve is getting overly ****ed off at his posts and displaying his disapproval in public threads.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I am in favor of warning Dragon. The cell phone thing is a known crock and waht does it have to do w/ ww'ing.

BTW I agree with Steve in the ad thread.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
The policy, written by Steve I assume, states no personal attacks. I know that Dragon skates on thin ice, and it does get tiresome, but Steve has violated his own policy. This is not the first time he's done that. He needs a gentle reminder of the policy.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Do NOT be afraid to moderate Steve. He has posted in the past to see if the mods would do their job, knowing he has stepped over the line. Dragon's original post serves no purpose.

P.S. What a dumb topic for my 2500th post.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Agreed, it is a dumb topic for yout 2500th thread, and agreed, do moderate Steve, but where is this thread? My interest is piqued now...

TracyP

Tracy
I found it. I see where Dragon deleted his post, but I think Steve was out of line. Dragon wasn't and he just responded to Steve's comments.

I think Steve should be moderated.

I did moderate Steve too:slap::slap:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Steve seems to be getting a bit crotcherty lately. I know he birthed this baby and has an emotional attachment to it, but he walked away from it. That is not to say that he doesn't have a right to express his opinion, because he most certainly does. It's just the way he expresses those opinions that I sense is a bit out of whack. It is apparent, to me at least, that he misses, or is having a hard time, with not being in control.

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

I agreee that a PM to Dragon may be needed -- It is too far off topic to be a relevant thread on this forum and then when it was pointed out that it was a hoax and Steve (over)reacted, he first posted a personal attack and then he defended his original post. I would advise him to stick to woodworking.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Before this thread I PM'd Steve and told him thank you for his response to the credit ad thread. I wanted to say something like it but was persuaded by the thread in the mod/admin forum not to. He said it better than I would and I agree with what he said.

Here his frustration is showing. I feel the same frustration. Steve has frustration at these types of posts and with the failure or delay in moderation of these topics (as he sees it). We have had many discussions about this as well and the issues are not always clear cut.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I know Dennis PM'ed David, but I don't think David was out of line, and his post fit the guidelines of the off topic forum.

It was a cute video, but it was obvious to me that it was fake.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Steve seems to be getting a bit crotchery lately. I know he birthed this baby and has an emotional attachment to it, but he walked away from it. That is not to say that he doesn't have a right to express his opinion, because he most certainly does. It's just the way he expresses those opinions that I sense is a bit out of whack. It is apparent, to me at least, that he misses, or is having a hard time, with not being in control.

I made the above post at 8:45 PM. The following is part of a reply Steve made to the "Credit Scores" thread on the off topic forum at 9:48 PM. Sounds like I was dead-on in my analysis.

Trent, I am just getting to be a grumpy old man.:embarrassed::embaresse It is hard to have given up control of the site after so much my time, effort, and money.:gar-Cr I dealt with at first by staying out of most things. But recently, I want to part of this place again but then I read something and I get angry. Shame on me. :slap:

TracyP

Tracy
Proposed warning to Dragon written by Bas, red edits are mine.

While you bring a lot of good to NCWW, many of your posts have required moderation due to political content. You have started several threads that are blatantly in violation of the site policy. Two examples were your posts entitled "The Haircut" and "Corp. America". In addition, many of your replies contain political remarks, and often display a very negative attitude.

The staff is tired of the constant need to moderate your posts. The Staff is therefore issuing you a formal warning to refrain from posting anything that violates site policy for the next 30 days. The probation will remain in effect until 4/20/2010. Should you violate this condition, your membership will be immediately suspended for a period of two weeks. If you're not sure whether something violates the policy, don't post it. Please stick to woodworking, be civil and play nice.

Sincerely,

Bas Pluim.

M

McRabbet

I would recommend removing the phrase I have highlighted since it is never permissible to post anything that violates site policy. We want him to know that if he does, he will be suspended.
Proposed warning to Dragon written by Bas, red edits are mine.

While you bring a lot of good to North Carolina Woodworker, many of your posts have required moderation due to political content. You have started several threads that are blatantly in violation of the site policy. Two examples were your posts entitled "The Haircut" and "Corp. America". In addition, many of your replies contain political remarks, and often display a very negative attitude.

The staff is tired of the constant need to moderate your posts. The Staff is therefore issuing you a formal warning to refrain from posting anything that violates site policy[STRIKE] for the next 30 days[/STRIKE]. The probation will remain in effect until 4/20/2010. Should you violate this condition, your membership will be immediately suspended for a period of two weeks. If you're not sure whether something violates the policy, don't post it. Please stick to woodworking, be civil and play nice.

Sincerely,

Bas Pluim.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I disagree with doing this at this time, but it looks like you have already gone through with it.

True, he has been political, but his cell phone thread was not, and he was attacked not the other way around. To me, you are attacking him for responding to his being attacked. Basically, you are slapping his hand where he did nothing wrong, but since he has in the past and someone else did something wrong, you are going to punish him.

I request this be rescinded. I don't dispute putting someone on probation for something they do, not for something they have done in the past. Steve provoked Dragon, not the other way around, and to me, it appears we are punishing for something they did in the past, not for something they have currently done.

I feel the same way about Alan. Glennbear attacked him, and then notices were sent to him.

How is that right?

By the way, when did Bas become a moderator? What are the guidelines and qualities wanted/desired for a moderator?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS