DIY multi-axis turning & Ben Franklin's chess set

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
We have been busy!

Milissa has been up to her ears in sawdust and geometry in the workshop, preparing for this weekend's demonstrations at the Klingspor Woodworking Extravangaza. For those who can't come & visit with us, she wanted to provide a Do It Yourself on Multi-Axis Turning. The link, Beyond Round, is on the website.

Meanwhile, I tracked down more information on American Historical Chess Set Styles...which just so happen to be French ones this time! The good old Régence style was much beloved by the Francophiles here in America, and Benjamin Franklin was quite the Francophile. I have found decent pictures of one of his sets, as well as of the set he brought back from France for his friend, famous botanist John Bartram, as well as a few others. We went to Franklin's London residence when we were last in London, and if I can find the picture we took, I will send it out later.

All new links are on the website, of course.

Cheers!
Alan

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
Let's try again...

Below are the overview pages from the album of pics & videos on multi-axis turning. I should have included these last night so you could see what I meant. The pics & vids are linked from the website, www.CHESSSPY.com, under the title Beyond Round.

cover.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS