Designer sharpening station kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well not the whole kit, but a good start. Nice 3 cm thick stone that is just too nice to throw away, but I must send it to the dump before July 1

The overall size is 59" long, 20" wide at the polished end, 8" wide at the natural end. Located in downtown Raleigh. It is free !!

IMG_0305.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dang, I'd have really liked to have that. Oh well, maybe next time. It would have probably cost a bunch to get it to a manageable size as I don't have a diamond wet saw laying around anyway.

:dontknow: - Ken.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Dang, I'd have really liked to have that. Oh well, maybe next time. It would have probably cost a bunch to get it to a manageable size as I don't have a diamond wet saw laying around anyway.

:dontknow: - Ken.

what size did you have in mind Ken? I may have a piece laying around the shop. it can be cut with a skill saw and a concrete blade of the diamond variety.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I too have some from the last time Phil gave it away. It is 16" by ... many feet.

Free of course just as it was for me.
Salem

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just looking for a piece around 1'x2' or 1'x1'. Don't have a diamond blade to cut it, but I guess I could rent something.

Thanks - Ken

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Just looking for a piece around 1'x2' or 1'x1'. Don't have a diamond blade to cut it, but I guess I could rent something.

Thanks - Ken

Ken,
I have a piece that is 12x20 with some irregular cuts at each end. It was a sink cutout from my kitchen. I can cut it if you want to 12 by 12 square and get rid of the off angle cuts on each end. I have no way to polish the cuts but wet sanding should do the trick. I will be around all day if you want to make the drive out. oh and it will be free!:)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Fred, Appreciate the offer. Got too much going on today to make the drive though. Would it be possible for you to get it to Phil and I know I'll be seeing him on the 13th or were you going to be at Scott's lumber run? I can polish/smooth the rough/sharp edges with wet/dry sandpaper just have no way to cut it. 12" by whatever is convenient to square it up would be great.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, Appreciate the offer. Got too much going on today to make the drive though. Would it be possible for you to get it to Phil and I know I'll be seeing him on the 13th or were you going to be at Scott's lumber run? I can polish/smooth the rough/sharp edges with wet/dry sandpaper just have no way to cut it. 12" by whatever is convenient to square it up would be great.

I can get it cut and get it to Phil. might take a few days until I get to it.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Ken,

have you been to the scrap exchange in Durham? They sell granite remnants in about the sizes you suggested. I think about $1-2 per square foot.

You never know what they will have on any given day

For others reading they also have plexi, lexan, etc for the same price, but again you never know what the section will be

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken,

have you been to the scrap exchange in Durham? They sell granite remnants in about the sizes you suggested. I think about $1-2 per square foot.

For others reading they also have plexi, lexan, etc for the same price, but again you never know what the section will be

I keep hearing about this place. Where is it in Durham, I must go see it

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Ken,

Several years ago I went to a local shop in Durham that did granite counter top work. I selected 2 polished cutoff scraps (12" x 12" x 1"t) and asked "what do I owe you?" The manager said "just take em". Now that's Southern hospitality to a Yankee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS