Denatured alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Yes, I just let mine float until they sink, usually 24 hours. Though the last bowl I did from a walnut burl cracked while drying.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Yes, I just let mine float until they sink, usually 24 hours. Though the last bowl I did from a walnut burl cracked while drying.

:eusa_thin Well I better get me some more tomorrow - I have enough to cover half of the piece

Rob

New User
Rob
I bought a 5 gal paint bucket with lid, I just keep it sealed. Dump a gallon in it.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I bought a 5 gal paint bucket with lid, I just keep it sealed. Dump a gallon in it.

Think a little pickle smell will impregnate it? I bought some 5gal buckets for $2 from Firehouse Subs ... but they smell of pickles!:gar-La;

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
LOL I bought a few of those buckets. I had to leave them outside in the weather about 6 months to get rid of the smell :).

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Think a little pickle smell will impregnate it? I bought some 5gal buckets for $2 from Firehouse Subs ... but they smell of pickles!:gar-La;
Do you think you could smell it through the finish.If it doe's just don't let a pregnant woman around it:gar-La;.If you do put some icecream in it:rotflm:.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
wonder how it would be to wash them and soak them in Clorox? It will work on other smells when cleaning around the house.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
:rotflm::rotflm: from learning about denatured alcohol to learning how to clean the pickle smell out of buckets:rotflm::rotflm: I love this site:icon_thum

dstrbd488

New User
Chris
I really don't think that after you cover it with denatured alcohol that the pickle smell is going to be smell your going to need to get rid of
:gar-Bi

Dragon

New User
David
For you guys that have been buying 5 gal. buckets...........
Try your local grocery store if they have a deli. I get mine for free from BiLo and Food Lion. You may have to wash out some left over cake frosting or if you're enterprising enough....scrape out the frosting and put in another container and freeze it for future use.:widea:

I also use them for planting containers for veggies and herbs. Back when I lived in Atlanta in an apt. I grew my entire garden in 5 gal. buckets on the balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS