December Contest

Two December contestants. Vote for your favorite. No novice submittal.

• areeveesnc (Aaron), antique tractor

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • rcarmac (Robert), helicopter

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
December contest is themed “Toys” I’m not putting an age limit on this one, but in my head I’m hearing “… all for the little ones…” and making joy. You toy must be 70% wood. Flat or round or it might make a sound rolls or squeaks, as long as it is a “toy”. And, this is a family forum. Respect it.

Rules:
-Must be created/completed within the last 36 months - here's a reason to sell the old and build the new
-One submission per creator/artist per category (month)
-Each creator can win a contest no more than once every six months.
-Members vote for winners so your submittal 'marketing' post should reflect quality. Each post is limited to 3 photos and 500 words. One post per submittal. Any Q&A regarding a submittal should be handled by separate post or DM, PM, or Start Conversation. I like the separate post because it doesn't clutter the contest thread, maybe preclude votes being biased, and everyone can share How's It Made with the forum.
-In case of a tie, a judge panel will make the selection. Judges decision is final. Judges will remain anonymous.
-Each monthly contest can have two winners, novice and journeyman/veteran/pro. Novice is defined as <3 years woodworking, cumulative. Journeyman is all others. Submitters must indicate if they are novice or they will automatically be journeymen; honor system applies. Yep, this is a bit convoluted and may be tuned as needed.

Contest ends 12/31/2023.

All right “toy” makers let’s see whatcha got. Pictures please.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bump. This is going to be good. I suspect all of you getting toys made will wait until 12/26 to post, yes?

areevesnc

Aaron
Corporate Member
Some of you will have seen this in a different post (My first toy: A Christmas gift for my nephew), but here is my entry.

This is the first toy I’ve made. The antique tractor is built from a plan I found online, with modifications to represent a tractor that my family farmed with for a lot of years. It’s on its way to my nephew in PA in a few days.

It is made of maple, and stained with several different colors of Rubio Monocoat.

Attachments

• IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9523.jpeg
    IMG_9523.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can we get some votes, please? Thanks in advance.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I liked both of these. It was tough to make a choice. In the end I went with the one I felt showed the best craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Thank you both for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors