Dead, Or Dying jumper Boxes

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I need a couple of dead, or dying (makes no difference) auto battery jumper boxes. These will be parts donors for a project that I have in mind.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I need a couple of dead, or dying (makes no difference) auto battery jumper boxes. These will be parts donors for a project that I have in mind.
Any particular style?
1673913918609.png

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Prefer the lead acid battery type, but would consider a LI one. What really hurts is every time I take stuf over to household waste, there is almost always a bin full. County has a great recycling policy, just not by individuals

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Prefer the lead acid battery type, but would consider a LI one. What really hurts is every time I take stuf over to household waste, there is almost always a bin full. County has a great recycling policy, just not by individuals
Befriend the guard/watchman, attendant. I pulled a basketball goal post thing (out of another 'customer's truck) one time and sold it on CL the same afternoon, Got a cedar 'hope chest' one day and a laptop on another.. Hope chest sold, I split it with the attendant next time I stopped laptop never sold.

If you've a dog, take him along - icebreaker. My guy has treats!

BTW - you know (I suspect) just what you intend to make with one or more of these discarded units - your audience hasn't a clue. Asking for 'the box' implied to this old fart that you needed the box the jumper battery was enclosed in. That was why I went out and found pictures of jumpers.

You came back with 'Lead Acid Style' which indicates you are interested in the electronics and possibly the batteries (dead or dying) and that the size, shape, dimensions, volume of the container ('box') is immaterial.

I have an old Harbor Freight Tools thing that looks like the Blue JNC 550, for instance, albeit a yellow "box" encloses most of the parts.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Unfortunately, this site is under cameras 24/7, and the employees are "company guys." Used to, back in the day, have a friend who worked there. Tell him what I was looking for, and on next trip he would have it set aside for me. Ah, those WERE the good old days. Have several gold medals in dumpster diving. I want all the parts, including the electronics, leads, batteries and actual box I want to build a "Super Capacitor" jump pack. Don't need it, just want to build one.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors