DAP / Weldwood Gel Contact Cement

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wurth was out of "brush grade" contact cement last week, so I went to the borgs. Lowes stocks both regular and "gel" contact cement, with gel being only about a buck more expensive. I decided to try the gel, and I'm well pleased with the results. You can use a paint stirrer to get it out of the can, and then use your roller to spread it. Works well, with almost NO RUNS, which have to be cleaned up later. For the roller, I use the one that is made for contact cement, not a paint roller. When I'm finished with the roller, I let it dry, and then put it into a plastic bag (from a loaf of bread), twist tie it shut and save till next time. Brushes (from Dollar Tree) aren't worth the effort to save, unless I store them inside the contact cement can. I don't understand why so many "experts" recommend using two coats of cement though. One complete coat is enough, IMHO. Based on a very bad experience several (many) years ago, I don't use the water based. Put down some laminate, and came in the next morning, and it was neatly rolled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS