Crotch Feather Oak forsale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Was out at the log yard this afternoon and Ted showed me a crotch feather oak log he was sawing. He said there's about 1500 BF of it left in either red or white oak. I didn't bring my camera but Ted set aside a piece for me to take a picture of it later. It's quite unusual, the crotch feather is wide and runs the entire length of an 8' long board, I ain't never seen anything like it before. I'll be sure to snap a picture next time I'm out at the log yard and you'll see what I mean.

Prices are as follows:
$1.50 a BF for boards width 10" and under (boards will be flat sawn).
$2.00 a BF for boards width 10" and over (boards will be flat sawn).

Please note: This lumber will be GREEN fresh cut off the log, NOT kiln dried.

If your interested in purchasing any of this lumber please reply to this post specify either red or white oak, 1/4" thickness starting @ 4/4 and BF desired.

Depending upon response we could do a run to our old stomping grounds at the Raleigh Harbor Freight parking lot or you could pick up your order from the log yard in Bullock.

Expect more posts like this as we uncover more unusual logs in the yard and spalting season is quickly approaching.

Thanks

J

jeff...

05/05/07 added a few pictures. I asked Ted to set aside a board for me. All I could find was this non-edged opening cut piece. It's a pretty good representation of what I seen him milling yesterday. You guys did say you wanted some furniture sized pieces of my pen blanks - didn't you? Well here's a 14" wide 5/4 board :icon_thum
P5053152.JPG

P5053153.JPG

P5053154.JPG

J

jeff...

I can't believe there is little interest in this lumber, I'm baffled :eusa_doh:. It's pretty unusual to find trees with dual hearts, let along dual heart forest saw logs. I don't think you'll be able to find anything like it easily, I'm I priced it too low?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I dunno Jeff..., it seems that a lot of the normal players haven't been around this weekend?

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Good lookin boards Jeff, I'll bet that they would make some nice looking tables..:-D

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
jeff, i'll take 50 ft of the red oak in 5/4 in width less than 10"

I think I've finally found a place to store green lumber:eusa_danc

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
jeff, i'll take 50 ft of the red oak in 5/4 in width less than 10" Also 20 ft of 12/4, if that's not asking for the impossible.

I think I've finally found a place to store green lumber:eusa_danc

J

jeff...

I'm glad to see a few folks jumping on this lumber, it's right pretty oak. It'll have to be ready sometime after the picnic, I'm tied up right now sawing picnic lumber.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS