Craftsman Toolbox Red-Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Anyone give me a hint:

As to what color red comes closest to the Craftsman toolbox red?

Preferably in a rattle can. Im refinishing one I got of RAL CL, pics to come soon!

Much Obliged

Matt

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
You are welcome to use a part off of my roll around toolbox to go and try to find a match at the BORG or hw store, Matt.

I also read somewhere awhile ago that Rustoleum's Painters Touch "Apple Red" is pretty close to the Craftsman red. In the rattlecan.

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
You are welcome to use a part off of my roll around toolbox to go and try to find a match at the BORG or hw store, Matt.

I also read somewhere awhile ago that Rustoleum's Painters Touch "Apple Red" is pretty close to the Craftsman red. In the rattlecan.

Wayne

Rustoleum (spray bomb), "Safety Red" is pretty close to Craftsman toolbox red.

Thanks Guys! After reviewing posts, and my "red" paint job (like an orange red). I decided to "break" up all that red with Grey:gar-Bi. If me no likey, then back to red!

M.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Decided to paint the portion that was rusted. After grinding down, sanding and priming with Rustoleum, I repainted with Rustoleum "Aged Iron" (Grey) and found a piece of laminate that matched for the top.

I fixed the drawers that were stuck (not sliding properly). Added some tool liner and upgraded the black, hard plastic wheels with poly and here it is!

Craftsman_TB1.JPG

Craftsman_TB2.JPG

And it fit perfectly under my work table! The RAl Cl Tool box was $35, plus the paint and tool liner (already had the laminate and wheels) $45 total!

I was going to build a wood chest, but it would cost more with cab grade ply, slides, etc.....

Very happy !

Thanks for looking!

matt

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks super there, Matt!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Great recovery and I am sure that it will be a place to stash your future CL finds.:gar-Bi

Appears to be brand new.

Great job.

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The gray front adds a nice touch and the top will take a beatin and still look good for many years.

I need to make a BIG tool box/cabinet. I'm tired of having to look through 5 different boxes and on the shelf and in the library card rack and in my car and in the barn and in the hall closet and in my desk... Well, you get the idea. :rotflm:

May have some tool boxes to get rid of in a few years. :dontknow:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey! Was this really about matching paint? Or was this a stealth gloat? Congrats on the new (albeit experienced) toolbox

bwat

New User
Bill
Perhaps you should start a "deal finder" service for hire? :widea: You are quite the savy shopper and keep finding great deals! :icon_thum

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Looks great!!!

The gray front adds a nice touch and the top will take a beatin and still look good for many years.

I need to make a BIG tool box/cabinet. I'm tired of having to look through 5 different boxes and on the shelf and in the library card rack and in my car and in the barn and in the hall closet and in my desk... Well, you get the idea. :rotflm:

May have some tool boxes to get rid of in a few years. :dontknow:

Hey! Was this really about matching paint? Or was this a stealth gloat? Congrats on the new (albeit experienced) toolbox

Good job on the box. That top matches great.

Perhaps you should start a "deal finder" service for hire? :widea: You are quite the savy shopper and keep finding great deals! :icon_thum

Travis; Thanks :icon_thum
Mike; Very close! My goal was to have two, one for Wood related, and one for tools to fix tools!
Ray: Yes! and yes. An economy post; 2 for 1!
Trog; Thanks !
Bill; That's a nice thought!, Lucky for me, this TB did not look very desirable, but I knew it was a diamond in the rough. Just needed a little lipstick (Grey) and a new top!

So many great deals out there, like panning for Gold! just gotta sift throught the dirt, is all!

Thanks again all!

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS