Concord Woodworking Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellyAche Jr.

New User
Brian
Moved to Concord about 3yrs ago and relatively new to woodworking. Started about 2yrs ago with a bathroom remodel and an excuse to buy a table saw. Now I'm addicted to woodworking (and buying more tools.) Primary interest is in making furniture/cabinets for my home. Came across this forum in an attempt to find veneer plywood locally and thought I might see what other information I could find here to further develop my woodworking techniques.

Nice to meet you all, Brian.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Brian. And I'm really sorry to hear about your addiction. Unfortunately, there is no known cure, other than buying the occasional new tool. It doesn't break the addiction, but it sure feels good. :rotflm:

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Welcome Brian! Although you don't mention sliding down the slippery slope of turning, you are invited to attend the Southern Piedmont Woodturners on the 3rd Tuesday night of each month, at the Clearwater Gallery, corner of Crowell ST. and Kerr St. at 7:00 pm, Concord, NC. We have members who never turned before they joined as well as professional turners. Currently we have about 5? members.

BellyAche Jr.

New User
Brian
Occasional tool? I'm at a 1 to 2 tool a week habit now! Just added a festool track saw to the collection. Love not wrestling plywood on the table saw anymore! As a hand therapist I feel it wise to keep my fingers on my hands!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome Brian, glad to have you with us. You will find that there are a great group of folks here and please feel free to join in any conversation or ask a question. The affliction you are describing is known as Woodguy Disease. It runs rampant here and unfortunately there is no cure.

We love pictures and here are 2 links that will help explain how to upload pics to your gallery and post them.

To upload pictures

To post pictures

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Howdy neighbor! I'm happy to be an enabler if you need one.
Also happy to help if needed.
Mark

BellyAche Jr.

New User
Brian
Thx Mark. Always can use some help. Seen some of your pics. Maybe one day you can give me some advice on how to finish a guitar project I started years ago.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Sombody once said 'You can make whatever you need'! I try to keep that in mind while shopping FOR TOOLS!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors