Cold weather cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I'll post this again this year for the newbies and the oldsters who have CRS, like myself. Got the first one of those painful little cracks in the end of my fingers last week. Actually, it was my thumb. Came home and cleaned area well with soap and water. Then dried it completely. Put a drop of SUPER GLUE on the crack. Let dry before touching ANYTHING. Instant and lasting bandage.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the tip. Does it burn as much as New Skin?
I use that regularly on boo boos & you hafta be standing outside when you put it on. Works great & smels better though. A bowler told me about it about 13-14 years ago. Said he used it for thumb blisters. I keep a bottle handy now.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
New Skin burns 'cause it has antiseptic added. FWIW, J&J Liquid Bandage is a med grade cyanoacrylate, originally developed by Closure Medical in Raleigh. An old friend used to work there and they were trying to develop a product to use for canker sores & skin cracks, but I don't know if they ever did. I have used CA for cuts & such and had no issues, but it freaks out LOML!:roll:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
New Skin burns 'cause it has antiseptic added. FWIW, J&J Liquid Bandage is a med grade cyanoacrylate, originally developed by Closure Medical in Raleigh. An old friend used to work there and they were trying to develop a product to use for canker sores & skin cracks, but I don't know if they ever did. I have used CA for cuts & such and had no issues, but it freaks out LOML!:roll:

Jerry, I think they got it marketed. A guy I know was in a severe accident last November. Had all his ribs broken & some lung damage. They went in & repaired some tracheal tears with a 'super glue' type material. That must've been it or something similar. He's finally home now but still can't hold down solid foods. FYI - he had a riding mower in his van, went to sleep, & hit a bridge abutment on I-485. It crushed him between the steering wheel & mower.
SECURE THOSE LOADS, FOLKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors