CLOSED: Group Buy: Ci2 Easy Rougher Turning Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
There seems to be some interest in a group buy on the Ci2 turning tool. The Ci2 is a smaller version of the larger Ci1 turning tool that a few NCWWers have purchased recently.

The Ci2 is brand new and (as of the time of this writing) not on their website, however I've been in direct contact with the inventor and company owner regarding it.

http://www.easywoodtools.com

$85 for the Ci2 and handle.

If you are interested and will commit if a group buy takes place, please respond in this thread no later than Sunday, Sept 8. At that time we'll see where we stand and I'll negotiate with Craig.

If we do have enough interest, the plan will be to accept pre-payment in some form or other and then submit the order.

=================================

Received an email back from Craig and he said "Please ask all the questions you need."

Here are some answers:
-- Ci2 extends 7" from handle

-- Ci2 Easy Grip handle is 16" overall. Our handle design allows for length easy reduction by sawing off second grip if a user so desires.

-- We have not got the new chip deflector blocks ready yet. I am having trouble with my machine shop meeting my current demands and don't plan to have the deflectors for the Ci2 for a while yet.

-- The Ci2 cutters are 10.5mm square where the Ci1 cutters are about 15mm. So not interchangable.

-- We have plenty of carbide Ci2 cutters in stock.

-- The Easy Grip handles supplied on the Ci2 tool are hard maple dyed yellow.

-- The Ci2 tool is solid 3/8" square stainless steel, where Ci1 is 1/2" stainless square.

-- For the Ci2 they only offer the square cutters.

-- After getting all the figures together, we are going to have to ultimately retail the Ci2 (handled only) for $119.00 and inserts will be $13.99 ea. I will honor the deal I offered you guys for 2 more weeks. Just try to get it all done in one or two orders please.

-- So your cost would be $84.15 for the handled Ci2 and $10.20 for spare cutters ... plus $9 shipping.

================================

At this point, this look like this:

Confirmed (?)
- WoodWrangler (Jeremy) [1-Ci2, 2-Carbide Insert]
- newtowood (Tracy) [1-Ci2, 0-Carbide Insert]
- NC Pete (Peter) [1-Ci2, 0-Carbide Insert]
- skysharks (John) [1-Ci2, 0-Carbide Insert]
- charlie s (Charles) [1-Ci2, 0-Carbide Insert]
- BobN (Bob) [1-Ci2, 0-Carbide Insert]
- owen299 (Dan) [1-Ci2, 1-Carbide Insert]
- FuzzWuzz16 (Jim) [1-Ci2, 0-Carbide Insert]
- Dino
- Alan in Little Washington

NOTICE: THIS IS NOT COORDINATED BY, OR SUPPORTED BY, NCWW IN ANY MANNER. THIS IS AN EFFORT BEING DONE NOT IN ASSOCIATION WITH NCWW.

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Group Buy: Ci2 Easy Rougher Turning Tool

Jeremy, please count me in. The video of them using the tool on a bowl is awesome.

Rob

New User
Rob

Jeremy, how much smaller will it be? What insert will it come with?

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster

Jeremy any different mods done to the Ci2 compared to the Ci1???

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

I'm interested, I'd just like a little more info.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown

I'm interested but need need more info on size, etc.

DavidF

New User
David

I'm interested, but would like to know how much smaller, whether it takes the same inserts etc. I would have thought that it couldn't be made of much lighter material than the original because of the forces involved in that sort of cutting.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

I've got an email out for more info ... as I want to know more too. I'll keep you all posted.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User

I'M IN FOR ONE. WILL THERE ONLY BE ONE INSERT INCLUDED AND IF SO WILL THERE BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO ALSO TO OEDER A SECOND .
KEEP US POSTED:icon_thum

PeteQuad

New User
Peter

Jeremy, do I need to buy one of these on the off chance that I'll buy a lathe in the next 2 years?

As soon as you get the info I'll know for sure> I have many of the same questions already posted ie., how long is it, how long is the handle, can you put the chip gaurd on it, does it accept the same cutters, can we order add'l cutters, what is the handle made of, is it made of stainless like it's big brother, etc. Not many questions.:rotflm: But I'm sure I want either one or the other. It's not the money, it's what you spent it on.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

I haven't heard back yet from Craig, but I've emailed him each and every question. Hopefully I'll know more soon.

M

McRabbet

For those that really want to know, I noticed that easywoodtools.com is one of the Google ads when this thread is displayed.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

Received an email back from Craig and he said "Please ask all the questions you need."

Here are some answers:
-- Ci2 extends 7" from handle

-- Ci2 Easy Grip handle is 16" overall. Our handle design allows for length easy reduction by sawing off second grip if a user so desires.

-- We have not got the new chip deflector blocks ready yet. I am having trouble with my machine shop meeting my current demands and don't plan to have the deflectors for the Ci2 for a while yet.

-- The Ci2 cutters are 10.5mm square where the Ci1 cutters are about 15mm. So not interchangable.

-- We have plenty of carbide Ci2 cutters in stock.

-- The Easy Grip handles supplied on the Ci2 tool are hard maple dyed yellow.

-- The Ci2 tool is solid 3/8" square stainless steel, where Ci1 is 1/2" stainless square.

-- After getting all the figures together, we are going to have to ultimately retail the Ci2 (handled only) for $119.00 and inserts will be $13.99 ea. I will honor the deal I offered you guys for 2 more weeks. Just try to get it all done in one or two orders please.

-- So your cost would be $84.15 for the handled Ci2 and $10.20 for spare cutters ... plus shipping.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

NOTICE: DECISION DATE MOVED TO SEPT 8. On that day, I'll PM those who have shown interest and give a day or two for final commitment ... then we can order and arrange deliveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS