Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

welldigger

New User
Scott
I was putting a 7 deg. bevel on a 1/2" X 2" X 16" piece of maple on the TS awhile ago. I used a feather board and a thin push stick. Just before I completed the cut, the off cut wedged between the throat plate and the blade, stalling the motor and pushing the work piece through the throat plate:eek:. I had made the throat plate awhile back. The kerf in the plate was a little loose but I figured it would be alright. WRONG! Scared me to death (no injury). The bad thing was that I had 2 more to do but they were only 12"long. Changed throat plate to 1 that was cut for 90 deg. and re-cut to 7 deg. Got my courage up and ran the next one through.Got most of the way through it before it kicked back. I only needed 6" out of the stock, so on the last one I ran it through for about 8" and cut the saw off. :thumbs_doI hate beveling narrow stock:thumbs_do! Anybody got any tricks for it?

Threejs

New User
David
Also, 7° isn't much. You could always clamp it up, and do it with a hand plane. It if needs to be super exact, you can made a shooting board, or a couple of guides to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS