Clearvue Mini reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I'm looking to get a little cyclone unit so I don't have to replace my vac bags often. I am a woodcraft separator now and would like something a little better. I just got a festool vac (insert gloating, no pics - didn't happen comments here) and I really don't want to go through a ton of bags. I have a tiny shop and use it for DC from my smaller tools and as a vacuum to clean up the messes from my more excitable tools.

I would like to support a Carolina business but wanted to see what people thought about the ClearVue mini?

Wes

M

McRabbet

I have a Clearvue CV06 Mini Cyclone and have used it for more than a year now on a number of projects -- I have a 16 Gallon wet/dry ShopVac and mounted my CV06 onto an empty 5-gallon drywall compound bucket with some foam weatherstripping between the cyclone base and the plastic lid and used four 1/4-20 bolts with flat washers to mount it. I move the unit from ROS operations to my stationary Belt/disk sander to my miter saw station to my router table and spindle sander. I've emptied the bucket at least 5-6 times, but the ShopVac remains basically empty in that year. I have a HEPA filter and before I had the CV06, I used to fill about 5-6 drywall bags per year at $16-18 per pair.

Now on to your combination of a Festool Vac and the Clearvue mini. It is a great combination! Another member here -- Purple Thumb (Jerry Grant) and I bought our CV06's at the same time and he has a Festool Vac. He mounted his on a drywall bucket too, but the bucket is on a piece of plywood that mates onto the Festool vac. I've taken the liberty of grabbing some pictures from his album, because it is too cool not to show the result (sorry, Jerry!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS