Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
We did receive several questions after publishing the Classified Policy.

1. We said that the payment option was only PayPal. Is there a reason we excluded use of credit cards? It vaguely seems like we prefer the reporting ability, but could be completely wrong.

2. I think Rob answered the question about the definition of refurbished tools. I did think the affected members were going to be notified ahead of time.

3. Do we need to eliminate the whole new section and tell folks (Sully) that if he wants to sell equipment to run a side ad?

4. Now that we are charging for sales, why do we not include wood sales? I know there is a ton of history about this but I think it's irrelevant because there was not this section in the policy.

5. We have one or two members who are problems, why are we modifying policy for these one or two members? I don't believe the general membership doesn't care about this junk.

6. Can we create a new category in the Classifieds that simply lists services (e.g. sharpening) and Sully to announce that he has equipment for sale. This category could have a fee associated with it.

Cathy

b4man

New User
Barbara
My reply in RED.

1. We said that the payment option was only PayPal. Is there a reason we excluded use of credit cards? It vaguely seems like we prefer the reporting ability, but could be completely wrong.

2. I think Rob answered the question about the definition of refurbished tools. I did think the affected members were going to be notified ahead of time.
I remember Rob telling us at the meeting he was going to speak with Sully regarding his selling activity and it's being against site policy.

3. Do we need to eliminate the whole new section and tell folks (Sully) that if he wants to sell equipment to run a side ad?

See comment in #6

4. Now that we are charging for sales, why do we not include wood sales? I know there is a ton of history about this but I think it's irrelevant because there was not this section in the policy.

5. We have one or two members who are problems, why are we modifying policy for these one or two members? I don't believe the general membership doesn't care about this junk.

I don't believe the membership should be forced to abide by rules restricting normal and usual activity to accommodate the unique or rare activity of a very few.

6. Can we create a new category in the Classifieds that simply lists services (e.g. sharpening) and Sully to announce that he has equipment for sale. This category could have a fee associated with it.
I think this suggestion has merit. Have two or three sub cat's for classified. Income generating sales for equipment, wood sales by noncommercial members less than 100 feet (?) Standard noncommercial classified.

Cathy

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Replies in red:

1. We said that the payment option was only PayPal. Is there a reason we excluded use of credit cards? It vaguely seems like we prefer the reporting ability, but could be completely wrong. The reason for being able to track the transaction was so the ad could not be posted until payment was confirmed. PayPal was the option used because it was the simplest and fastest to achieve that. If other payment methods are used, the seller needs to understand the ad cannot be placed until funds are transferred. If a member wants to sell refurbished tools and pay by check, the ad should not start until the check clears.

Side ads are now run on a monthly basis. I wouldn't be opposed to having independent side ads for refurbished tools providing we also allow our advertisers to use if to promote sales of specific items (no 25% off everything, etc.).

5. We have one or two members who are problems, why are we modifying policy for these one or two members? I don't believe the general membership doesn't care about this junk. The initial complaint came from an advertiser.

6. Can we create a new category in the Classifieds that simply lists services (e.g. sharpening) and Sully to announce that he has equipment for sale. This category could have a fee associated with it. We could rename the section listing sawyers on the site, but I can't seem to find that at the moment. Currently, no fees are charged to sawyers for listing there. I do not feel a services listing should have a fee unless it is for a sidebar ad.

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS