Chuck help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgnickle

New User
Dennis
Rikon 1216 1/2HP VS Mini Lathe

I'm thinking about purchasing this lathe. Any recommendations for a matching chuck? This will be my first lathe purchase.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I'v had this lathe for about 3 yrs an have 3 nova chucks I use with it with no problems.The nova midi chuck with tommy bars goes mfor about 89 bucks,but I bought one at amazon.com for 79 bucks w/ free shipping an one from a fellow turner for 69.You'll love that Ricon,great little lathe.:wsmile:

Joe Bradshaw

New User
Joe
Check out the Barracuda II from Penn State Industries. It comes with several sets of jaws. It is a good middle priced chuck. It also uses a key to operate the jaws.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
If you see my post black friday deal on Thursday Wood craft has a nove midi chuck and 6 sets of jaws for 124.00 with free shipping. I also bought a woodriver from woodcraft and I love it I have used it for about 1 and 1/2 years.(this will be for sale soon as I get the new nova).

sawduster

New User
Robert
Check out the Barracuda II from Penn State Industries. It comes with several sets of jaws. It is a good middle priced chuck. It also uses a key to operate the jaws.

I have this chuck that I caught on sale @ Amazon some time back thanx to Phillip Christy's eagle-eye :icon_thum
Being a lathe-rookie I have definitely put it through it's paces and abused it to no end. It is still going strong . I really like the key for tightening and the variety of jaws that came with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS