Christmas Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
I know I'm gonna get hit with it from everyone in the fambly... "Whatchu want for Christmas gran'pa'?"

Well... this year, gramp's, (grumps, as my grand-daughter used to say) has a potential single request for the first time...

I'm hoping someone can enlighten me about a Biesemeyer (or suggest another good fence system) for my old Craftsman tablesaw..

Its a 10" 3hp model... 315-228490, specifically. It's the model with the cast iron wings, where most of em' have the sheet metal plates for the wings.

I checked Biesemeyer's compatibility check list, and everything looks like a go, but before I start dropping hints, I figure I better find out if anyone knows for sure.

(For all you young bucks... us Grandpa's ain't gotten to be old and not learnt a coupla' things from Gramdma. :icon_thum )

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Max, I had a similiar Craftsman at one time that had the standard fence (and calling it a fence is being quite charitable). I replaced it with a 52" Biesemeyer and it worked great. What a difference I bought it from Toolferone when he was at the old Raleigh Woodcraft. It was easily adapted to my unisaw when I bought that. One thing I remember about the Biesemeyer when installed on the Craftsman was that you had to invert the back rail. As I recall, that was covered in the instruction manual.

I am always hesitant to spend someone else's money, but I will make an exception in this case. GO FOR IT. You will never regret it.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
What Stuart said.:gar-La; When I bought the Unisaw I was amazed at how well the fence worked and how spoiled I have become.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS