Christmas Gift Ideas...whatcha makin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I need some ideas. I waited til the last minute to start on Christmas gifts for the family and friends. :lol: :lol:

I had considered serving trays. Last year was potpouri boxes, cutting boards the previous year.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Chuck

nelsone

New User
Ed
We'll I'm finishing up a couple bird feeders...for last Christmas.:rbedface:

After that I'm still a little undecided for this year. Bowls or pens seem the most likely.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm going to make some wall mirrors from a Woodsmith issue way back when. They were pretty simple to make (built up moldings) and looked pretty good IMO.

I just have to go over to Doug Robinson's to borrow the issue as I cannot find mine.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've got some Tongue Drums on order for my Aunt to give as gifts.
Tongue_drums_and_pics_by_AVA_030.jpg

My wife is getting a King size bed, but not by X-mas

Dave:)

Badabing

New User
Joe
:confused1 I keep looking at that picture but still can't figure out how you play that drum with your tongue! :eusa_thin

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You gotta be kin to Gene Simons to have the proper extension :lol::lol::lol:

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
You gotta be kin to Gene Simons to have the proper extension :lol::lol::lol:

Dave...let me take this opportunity to tell you about how Gene Simmons saw a little known band in LA and recognized the talent. The name of the band, Mamouth. He flew them to NY and gave them their first big break. The band now goes by the lead guitarist and drummer's last name...Van Halen :) Just thought I would throw that out since you are such a big fan :)

Chris

J

jeff...

Still pounding nails in the pool deck, I'm getting close to beating the deck plank down and I'm glad it's an outdoor project. I can use air dried ERC @ a little over 20% coming off the log it don't take but a few months for it to air dry to around 12%, well the drought helped some I'm sure :bbiggrin:

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave...let me take this opportunity to tell you about how Gene Simmons saw a little known band in LA and recognized the talent. The name of the band, Mamouth. He flew them to NY and gave them their first big break. The band now goes by the lead guitarist and drummer's last name...Van Halen :) Just thought I would throw that out since you are such a big fan :)

Chris

So it's HIS fault :evil::evil::evil::evil:
They couldn't have had Roth at the time :eusa_hand

lottathought

New User
Michael
I am actually attempting to make a few pens to send back to Russia with my Mother-in Law..(Yeah Yeah..Poor Russians...haven't they suffered enough? :drunken_s)

And do you remember that Rubber band gun Fred made earlier this year?
Well I have the instructions and I am expecting the triggers any day now.
(Give my son a musical work with no off switch will ya......:eusa_naug..LOL)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
It may be worth your while to check out this thread: We have a contest running for just this thing. Oh, feel free to make an entry as well!

Geesh, Clay...I searched under General Woodworking for Christmas projects and didn't see any recent threads...I never would have thought to look for Christmas Projects under "Member Announcements"...:eusa_doh:

LOML would NEVER let me make Christmas gifts that can be completed in just 2 hours. That would be way too easy! :lol: :lol:

BTW I will look at the thread - thanks! :)

Chuck

lottathought

New User
Michael
Picked up 4 old laptops yesterday.
Gonna try my hand at a few DIY digital picture frames.
Figure that a 12" screen will be much nicer to view.

Threejs

New User
David
Screwdrivers, and plenty of them. So far, I have made 3 walnut (one curly walnut), 2 curly maple, one purple heart, one ash, and one cherry handled screwdrivers.

The one at the top of the photo is the first one I turned, and is therefore mine. :) The ash one was made from a post hole digger handle.

We haven't decided who to give what, but I think the recipients will be happy.

Other gifts include ornaments, and candle sticks. The candle sticks were for a co-worker, but the deal fell through, and my wife is now the proud owner of them. (just something else to give her for christmas)

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Candles.JPG
    Candles.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5188 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5188 (Small).JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 176

MikeH

New User
Mike
David,
Where are you getting the screwdriver hardware? Also where are getting the brass?

Thanks,

Threejs

New User
David
David,
Where are you getting the screwdriver hardware? Also where are getting the brass?

Thanks,

Rockler had a sale on the kits a couple weeks ago. $3.99 each. They come with the brass ferrule. Looking at the site, looks like they are still on sale.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I'm building some "pony gates" for my wife out of ERC. These are used on jump standards for horses.

Scott

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Picked up 4 old laptops yesterday.
Gonna try my hand at a few DIY digital picture frames.
Figure that a 12" screen will be much nicer to view.

Let me know if you need any help! I built one of those last summer, it's so neat to see all the pictures we've accumulated over the last few years!

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I'm working on the last of four windsor chairs that SWMBO wants for the kitchen. Man I want to do something else for a while. The first two were not bad but these last ones are getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS