Chisel Rack Completed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Rainy day, so I finished up my first Chisel Rack prototype. Having started using more hand tools lately, I wanted to get the chisels out of my tool drawer so the edges would not get clanked around. Wanted something I could hang above the bench or mount to the door of a large wood tool cabinet I plan on building. Using scrap wood and simple woodworking methods, I came up with this...

I was thinking some more and was thinking maybe making one that would stand on its own, so I could take to the bench, but maybe with a french cleat that would enable hanging also. Gotta do a search on French Cleats to see how to even make one! Not sure. My Two Cherries set will be here tomorrow by FedEx, so I've got one more ready to do the cutout for the holder section. What do you use to store your chisels? Any suggestions on improvements? Thanks for looking, I know my small projects pale in comparison to many of the fine woodworking done by many, but you gotta start somewhere.:):)

Attachments

• IMGP0162 (2048 x 707).jpg
    IMGP0162 (2048 x 707).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 325

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
No suggestions on improvements. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Nice job!

I made something similar several years ago, still use it in my shop. I put small "j" hooks in the back and hang it on pegboard.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
...and Holy Cow, it works!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Attachments

• chisel rack0.jpg
    chisel rack0.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 274

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
but maybe with a french cleat that would enable hanging also. Gotta do a search on French Cleats to see how to even make one! Not sure.

Nice looking rack, but that's the first time I've said that to a guy. Probably no danger of being slapped this way.

For a french cleat, take a strip of wood and rip it with a random bevel somewhere between 25° and 45°. Hang one side on the wall, the other on the back of the rack. I hung all my wall cabinets on french cleats and can slide them around if need be, although the need hasn't arrived yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors