cherry burls

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsworker

New User
chris
I have a few cherry burls i would like to cut up for bowls but i just dont know how too go about it could someone please help me i live in marion just west of asheville in suggestions would be greatly appriecated

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hi Chris welcome to the site - I am sure someone will jump in here and help you out - mean while w to the "Who we Are" forum and tell us a little bit about yourself - oh if you could post a picture of your burls that would be good also

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I've done a number of cherry burls and no two or the same. I've mounted the whole burl and turned them end grain into a hollow forms some times. Other times I have cut them in half down the center taking out the pith of the tree and turn them flat grain into nested sets of bowls. The way you go about it is determined by the burl itself not what you want to do with it. I try and let the wood tell me what I can and can't do. Here are two examples of what I'm talking about.
Good luck
Jack
Large cherry burl that was very round. I was able to get the nested set out of it.
IMG_0066.jpg

This was a small round burl on a limb. It made a nice hollow form turned end grain.
100_1327.JPG

woodsworker

New User
chris
I wiil post pics as soon as i can if any of you would like too help me with the cutting of these burls i would be willing too share a few of them with who ever would help me will come too your place i have about 10 to 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS