Charlotte Woodworking show

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDeal

Tim
Senior User
Looks like Charlotte has been omitted from the 2013 Woodworking Show schedule although March 8 is apparently yet to be scheduled. Does anyone know for sure if Charlotte has been eliminated?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Neither Charlotte, nor Fredricksburg are currently included in this year's schedule. Fredricksburg replaced Chantlly a couple years back. Chantilly was one of the bigger shows on the cricuit. The Atlanta show (Gwinnett) is too far from airport to do a fly in and out, without having to rent a car, so I guess it's no show for me this year. .

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I was told last year that it was probably the last of the Charlotte shows based on vendor support and lack of spectators. Sad really.

MikeCSmith

New User
Mike
Looks like Charlotte has been omitted from the 2013 Woodworking Show schedule although March 8 is apparently yet to be scheduled. Does anyone know for sure if Charlotte has been eliminated?

I sent an e-mail to "The Woodworking Show" and I was told that Charlotte would not have a woodworking show in 2013. I was also told they plan on coming back to Charlotte during the winter of 2014.

I sent an e-mail to "The Woodworking Show" and I was told that Charlotte would not have a woodworking show in 2013. I was also told they plan on coming back to Charlotte during the winter of 2014.

i do hope they come back in 2014 but i would assume that is a face saving comment for them or they really do not understand how trade shows work... you cannot drop and un drop a city hope for good attendence.. i am really shorry it has not worked out in 2013 they could have had a new venue with free parking for a great deal

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
they really do not understand how trade shows work... you cannot drop and un drop a city hope for good attendence.QUOTE] They have done this to Charlotte before. One year, the Atlanta show was three weeks before Charlotte and they did a show in Columbia SC two weeks before Charlotte. Attendance was nothing.

they really do not understand how trade shows work... you cannot drop and un drop a city hope for good attendence.QUOTE] They have done this to Charlotte before. One year, the Atlanta show was three weeks before Charlotte and they did a show in Columbia SC two weeks before Charlotte. Attendance was nothing.

yea this was my point and the show changed owners around that time also i thought

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
The last show I went to was about a fourth of what the old shows were like. This is a downard spiral. No vendors = no attendance. No attendance = no vendors. I think the show's management team has a few problems understanding both their vendors & their audience.

Pop

cquest

New User
cquest
I was talking to a rep from Peachtree at the Charlotte show about 4 years ago. While we were talking, someone tried to steal some router bits. The rep told me that Charlotte was the worst show on the circuit for shoplifting. The vendors had come in that morning and several flatscreen tv's used for demos had been stolen during the night, even though security was in the building all night. A lot of vendors starting skipping the Charlotte show after that.

the current venue is a sercurity nightmare for a bunch or reasons some theft was most likely internal from the security and building staff at that time... proving it is the hard part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS