Charlotte CNC & VCarve Pro Help

TitanFlyer

New User
TitanFlyer
Hey there,
Long shot, but figured I would ask.
Is there anyone in the Charlotte (Ballantyne area specifically, but in the area) that would like to make a few bucks and help me get over the beginners steps for using an Axiom AR8 Basic (Bosch Router) system with VCarve Pro? I bought the machine a month or so ago and because of a surgery I had to have am just now getting around to playing with it. It’s a big learning curve and I just need to get over the fear of breaking it with a simple first project start to finish (after spoilboard surfacing).
Let me know if anyone is open to the idea and has some time on their hands some weekend.
Regards,
James

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Back when I first started with CNC ... you weren't finished building your machine until it broke the first router bit.
Just hopefully it wasn't a really, really expensive one.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just slow down your feed speed and cut width and drive on. It's not rocket surgery. Not that familiar with V Carve as I have an X Carve but your software should have options for type of material to get you started. Just don't get too aggressive and start with basic projects. Good luck. Drop us some pics when you get going. Bought mine 6 months ago and have been so busy with part time work and other 'honeydos' that I haven't had time to do much more than a couple of signs to satisfaction. Got it primarily to help my daughter's boyfriend in building a pedal board for his guitar. He got busy too. But I'll get to it before too long.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
James - I'm too far away to help in person, but one thing you have going for you is that the Vectric folks that make Vcarve have a tremendous number of educational videos available, including basic 'hello world' type projects.

For example: Tutorial Browser - VCarve Pro | Vectric

The most daunting part of starting is, I think, understanding the different processes involved and how they need to be chained together.

Worst case I could give you a hand on a Zoom call or similar. You'll spend 90% of your 'CNC time' working with software, not the hardware anyways :)

-Mark

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Back when I first started with CNC ... you weren't finished building your machine until it broke the first router bit.
Just hopefully it wasn't a really, really expensive one.
Mine was the most expensive one in the starter set I got. $80 bit :(

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS