Changes to the discount program

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
After some more thinking about this whole thing and some advice from other members and potential discounters, I have made some changes.

1. The Phrase we will now use is "Discount Qualified" (DQ) member. It simply means that you have been a member long enough and have visited regularly. The idea is to not allow a person who has no interest in this site, to join and to take advantage of these offers as they come up.

The current qualification is that you have been a member for 30 days and have made at least 5 posts.

Sometime in the near future, the qualification will be changed to 30 days as a member and have visited the site an average of once a week for up to the last 8 weeks (multiple visits in one day will count as only one visit that day)

I reserve the right to loosely interpret the spirit of the qualification. For instance, Michael Garner is currently serving his country in Iraq. He will be discount qualified as long as necessary.

Where will these offers,etc. be announced? Most will announced and discussed in the new "Discounts & Offers North Carolina Woodworker For DQ Members " This will NOT be a confidential forum. It is to NCWW for these discount and deals to be visible to both Guests and all members.

HOWEVER, there will be cases when such an offer MUST be held in confidence to those members who are DQ. The reasons for this will be varied, but it is the entity making the offer, that will decide if it must be held in confidence. In that case the offer will be made in the "Confidential Discounts & Offers for NCWW DQ Members" and the confidentiality requirements of that forum MUST be met. Violations can lead to loss of DQ privileges.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I think it's a great plan. I do like the part where you can suspend requirements performance for folks like Michael or other active duty / deployed military folks.

Ray

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Thanks again Steve for all the work and thought you have put into this. Thank you for considering our members like Michael who are deployed or going to be. I think the program is great, but if I never qualified I enjoy the wonderful friendship I have developed with NC Woodworkers. It's family I wouldn't want to loose. We have a great site and wonderful friends; What else could you ask for?? Thanks again Steve! Terry:eusa_clap :crybaby2:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
wapitiscat said:
Is a "visit" logged if you don't log in?

Todd

No, I don't believe so. But if you clisk the "Remember Me" box when you log in and then just close the browser window, without logging out, you will stay logged in for your next visit (in case you forget). I haven't had to log in for the last few months using that method. Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Is there a superlative that describes something "greater than greatest"? as in this website and its Webmaster are the GREATEST!

Thanks, Steve!! :eusa_clap

Last edited by a moderator:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sounds like a fair plan ... can't wait to see what's on the table.

Steve - Is there a way that members throughout the state might be able to set something up at our local wwing stores? I guess I'm thinking that's official that we could run by them in hopes that they would make some offers out here.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
gotojeremy said:
Sounds like a fair plan ... can't wait to see what's on the table.

Steve - Is there a way that members throughout the state might be able to set something up at our local wwing stores? I guess I'm thinking that's official that we could run by them in hopes that they would make some offers out here.
Every "chain"has it own rules. The Raleigh Woodcraft can only do things like this for its own store:crybaby2: Other stores are different, but I am trying.

One thing other members can do is to your local Woodcraft and say," look what they are doing in Raleigh" and if they are interested have them contact me

But don't forget Tom at the Raleigh Woodcraft has offered to try to help member outside his area.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
DaveO said:
How 'bout supercalifragilisticexpealidosious :-D :-D

Dave:)

"And even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious!"

Sang that song in high school choir wayyy too long ago. Your spelling is close enough.:eusa_whis

Thanks again Steve for working up this program.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors