Carving Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
My wife wants to try carving but she wants to do it sitting down. So, I knocked this together yesterday (all scrap; she may loose interest). Top is slidable for clamping. Not yet sure what to do with the bottom.
Carving_Table.jpg

Carving_Table_001.jpg

She opted for a round base. I plowed a 3 sided groove in the base and dropped the box in with glue.
BTW, I rushed that chair in 1980 and then it looked tight. Heck, it was tight. Just goes to show that you can't pull rush too tightly!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cool carving table, Joe!:eusa_clap

That sliding top is a nifty idea!:eusa_danc Is there any room down there to add some small caster's? Perhaps two straight casters in the back with swivel/locking casters in the front. All of those drawers will definitely give her plenty of room to store carving tools and supplies!

You did in a day that takes me at least a week!

You will have to get your LOYL to post some pics of her work.

Great job! (Putting that Woodrat to work for ya!?)

Wayne

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
My thought was a circle base for foot pressure and to turn it with her feet but I'll to have wait for her input. Only got to use the 'Rat for the back [strike]rabbits[/strike] [strike]rebates[/strike] McRabbets. Used my dado jig for the rest.

The sliding top is supported by dado on each side. The sides are not exactly square so I get some friction locking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS