Can't chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Im using Mint 12 with Firefox 20. I have had no problems with chat. However, I'm going to move to Mint 17 in the next few weeks so, we will see. I make sure to disable AdBlockPlus, Ghostery and HTTPS on this site.

Try adding the firefox browser, it shouldn't cause any conflicts or possibly Opera and then try chat.

woodturner2014

New User
Harry
Ok folks. Thanks for the help. I installed Firefox (prefer Google Chrome) and can now view and post to the chat. Hope to be there tomorrow night.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I use Chrome on Win7 with this site exclusively. It works fine with chat. But as mentioned chat does require Java to be enabled by the OpSys and not blocked inside the browser.

Trying hard to remember to join the chat at 8PM tomorrow. I always seem to be eating at about that time and have a tendency to forget. My bad.

ehpoole

Ethan
Clicked on the link-got a message saying Java must be installed to view the content. LOL Guess I'll have to call my computer geek.

Just go directly to the Java.com homepage and follow the instructions there to install/update Java. From there it will work regardless of whether you already have Java installed and/or enabled.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I think you just need to install java. I installed mediatomb on older PC running ubuntu linux with a big honking disc array. Too cool - we play tunes in the house from any UPnP/DLNA enabled device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors