cannot access forumz

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmc

New User
powell
when i try to access forum or classified i get a message that i do not have access to this address. what do i need to do to get access???

ehpoole

Ethan
The Classifieds section is presently off-limits to everyone as it is not yet up and running.

The Forums, assuming you are clicking on the "Forums" button up top, should be accessible to everyone.

If it is not accessible then you may have a caching issue -- that is content left over from the old version of the site may still be stored on your computer's hard drive, which the browser always checks for *before* it requests new content from the web server. To rule this out the first thing you should do is clear your browser's cache (aka temporary files).

If you are using IE 7-9, then there is a chance you may be encountering the same caching issues I had elsewhere that cost me a lot of headaches the past few days. Basically, portions of the old site were still stuck in IE's cache despite repeatedly clearing out the cache. Turns out there is a second hidden (even from the Administrator account) cache that can only be cleared out programatically. You can download the CleanIETempFiles.exe utility from: http://www.wintecnico.com/ficheros/CleanIETempFiles.zip

Just double-click on the EXE file once downloaded to clear out the IE cache once and for all. Then try creating a new bookmark and see if it works for you. I lost nearly 1-1/2 days to a different caching issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS