Can I get a daily summary (digest) of posts to the forums?

ToddA

Todd
User
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see any way to get a daily (or weekly, or whatever) summary of posts to the forums - or to a selected subset of the forums. With many sites, this is called a "digest", and I find it very useful. Is there any way to do that here, or isn't it a feature this software provides?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is a summary email that is sent based on the user's last login date/time.

1. Start sending summary email when user has been inactive for '14 days'
  2. Send summary email while user is inactive every '14 days'
  3. Stop sending summary email when user has been inactive for '180 days'
This means you get an email every 14 days, once you have not been on the site for 14 days. If you go more than 180 days, these summary emails stop. Each individual user can opt in or out of receiving these summary emails. Users receiving these emails should see the latest posts and threads since the previous summary email that was sent out.

ToddA

Todd
User
There is a summary email that is sent based on the user's last login date/time.

1. Start sending summary email when user has been inactive for '14 days'
  2. Send summary email while user is inactive every '14 days'
  3. Stop sending summary email when user has been inactive for '180 days'
This means you get an email every 14 days, once you have not been on the site for 14 days. If you go more than 180 days, these summary emails stop. Each individual user can opt in or out of receiving these summary emails. Users receiving these emails should see the latest posts and threads since the previous summary email that was sent out.
Thanks, Scott. Not quite what I wanted, but at least it's something. Where do I find the option to opt in or out to this? I couldn't find anything while poking around. (I think I received some of those summary emails in the past, but I never understood when it was sending them - and I'm not sure I've seen one for a while.)

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
First, click on your username on the left side of the screen, then Preferences.

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 4.07.06 PM.png

Once on Preferences, you should see the options for activity summary emails on this page.

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 4.07.20 PM.png

ToddA

Todd
User
Found it - Thanks! However, that led me to another question. On that same "Preferences" page, where can I find out exactly what these options do for me? I can guess on some, but definitely not on others - and the ones for "discounts" don't say what the discount is our how you'd ask for it.
  • Ron's Discount Emporium Opt In
  • The North Carolina Furniture School Opt In
  • NCWW Test Store Opt In
  • Anchor Hardwoods and Cape Fear Riverwood Opt In
  • Klingspor Discount Opt in
  • Scott Meek Woodworks Opt In
  • The Woodworking Source Opt in

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ron's Discount Emporium is a test that our previous webmaster set up, and NCWW Test Store is one that I setup. No discounts or actual products exist for these. I think a couple of the others may have closed down.

North Carolina Furniture School is in Greenville, NC.

Klingspor Discount is generally 10% off of products, excluding heavy machinery and wood. They may have other discounts and promotions throughout the year, but they are good about giving the discount. Please use the Name/Address/Email option for this vendor.

What these do, is generates a spreadsheet of members that have reached a qualification status, or are no longer qualified due to not being on this website for 90 days (if my memory serves correctly), and then emails this spreadsheet to each of the vendors monthly for updating their account records.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Todd, there is a section called what’s new that gives you the most recent posts in order of the newest.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors