Call for members to demo at Hardwood Store of NC Grand Opening

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
We will have the trailer there to be willing and able to demo and talk to the general public about supporting this business and supporting our organization. So come on out and participate with us. It’ll be fun and I bet you’ll find some wood for that special project your planning!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My wife will be working with 4-H that day so I am free.

I can do hand plane sharpening and use or something with a lathe. Or could sharpen kitchen knives if people want to bring from home.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
We will have the trailer there to be willing and able to demo and talk to the general public about supporting this business and supporting our organization. So come on out and participate with us. It’ll be fun and I bet you’ll find some wood for that special project your planning!

So far we have the following committed to coming to the event:
  • Berta
  • Chuck
  • Graywolf
  • Artisan Pirate
  • Raymond
  • Dee2
  • mquan01
  • mpholway
  • Tarhead

Demos will include but not limited to:
  • Turning
  • Scroll saw
  • Hand Saw Skills
  • Wood finishing
Please reach out to me if you would like to join us. Greeters are always welcome to join us. You don't need to do a demo.
Can I get a refill on NCWW business cards from whoever has 25 or so, please?

Jim Kakacek

Jim
User
I will be able to demonstrate my process, equipment, and tooling to hand craft replica Stanley plane totes, Jim Kakacek

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I will be able to demonstrate my process, equipment, and tooling to hand craft replica Stanley plane totes, Jim Kakacek
I would really like to see this and discuss with you.

BD37BBAB-2602-439D-8006-52FAAC2C1963_1_201_a.jpeg

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please come out and see your NCWW friends at the brand new Salisbury location of The Hardwood Store of North Carolina this Saturday (March 23rd) from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

The following NCWW users will be there:
  • Artisan Pirate
  • Berta
  • Chuck
  • Dee2
  • Jim Kakacek
  • Graywolf
  • Raymond
  • Tarhead
  • Mike Davis
  • Mpholway
  • mquan01
Address: 175 Lane Parkway, Salisbury, NC

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was hoping to come out, but I'm fighting with a gout issue right now. Walking is hard, standing is harder.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
My wife will be working with 4-H that day so I am free.

I can do hand plane sharpening and use or something with a lathe. Or could sharpen kitchen knives if people want to bring from home.
I am putting the most frustrating knife I own in my bag now! Thank you!

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Regardless, Neal if you can’t make it, we will understand and you will be missed.
It will be a great day to come hangout, buy some wood and visit with some woodworkers while having a little fun. So everyone, if you can, come and visit with us.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'm going to try to be there. It's already been a long week for me since we have a planned outage on one of our production lines and I have a big project going in. I can either bring out my small lather and turn some give-away tipee tops or I can bring my pyrography gear. I'm just not prepared for either at this time. Whatever you think would be the most desirable thing to demo.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm going to try to be there. It's already been a long week for me since we have a planned outage on one of our production lines and I have a big project going in. I can either bring out my small lather and turn some give-away tipee tops or I can bring my pyrography gear. I'm just not prepared for either at this time. Whatever you think would be the most desirable thing to demo.
We are going to have the trailer there, so pyrography would be cool or you can just use one of the lathes. Your choice! And take some pressure off yourself on hauling a ton of stuff.

Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member
I'm doing my best to be their by 730 to help finish setting up and film some for a video of the event.
I'll definitely be their to help break down and reload trailer

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
We are going to have the trailer there, so pyrography would be cool or you can just use one of the lathes. Your choice! And take some pressure off yourself on hauling a ton of stuff.
I've got my Pyrography gear all packed and ready to go. I'm going to try to be there by 8:30a or before. It just depends on what time I get out of the house. Oh, and I'll be carrying Ken Serdar's laser and equipment. He and Cheryl are driving separate. BTW, I mentioned to Matt already, I'm NOT bringing a table, so I will need a table to setup on. Hopefully this isn't too much of an issue. I think Matt may be loading one for me. See you all in the AM!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors