Business Cards - Thinking out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Business cards would be a great idea. I also like the idea of placing it in a file we could download. Telling us what business card stock was used to print the card would also be a good idea, that way we could try and match it.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Sorry, my mistake. I messed up the title tag and that caused a blank page in IE. It should work now.

M

McRabbet

For those that want to develop these on Business Card stock, I used an Avery 8371 template. Earlier today, I bought a pack of 100 sheets (1,000 cards) of Business Card stock at Sam's Club by a company called Royal Brites for less than $6.00!! I have printed a single sheet (10 cards) on my B&W laser printer for everyone that I believe is coming on the Raleigh Shop Crawl on Saturday or the Staff Meeting on Sunday. (I am sending a PM to Doug Robinson and to Steve Coles to get their latest list of attendees so hopefully I don't miss anyone). I did all of the names I have in about an hour, changing each screen name and real name in the template. I'll have them to pass out on Saturday.

Earlier in this thread, Bas posted a link to his first attempt at creating the cards -- it prints okay, but it is not formatted correctly to fit on the card stock. I'll bring the one I printed to give to Bas on Saturday, and I'll bring a copy of the template from Avery and Royal Brites card stock.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Primarily vBulletin magic :) It just takes the info you supplied when you registered and sticks that into the text. You have to be logged in for this to work, if you're browsing as a guest you'll get a message saying you haven't provided your DQ info.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Here are links to some files:

The original Photoshop file: Link

This is the variations within that file as I left them:

Front with Name
businesscard-front.jpg

Front (Generic)
businesscard-front-generic.jpg

Back in Color with Name
businesscard-back-color.jpg

Back in Black/White Generic
businesscard-back.jpg

Note: If you don't have Photoshop, or don't know how to use it but want one of these, I'd be glad to make the necessary changes and upload the image to you. Just ask! (PM Me)

If I do an order of generic cards, is there any interest? I'd just plan on ordering a bundle and sending so many out to each interested person (just cover shipping)

FYI - This card is a bit oversized for professional printing with a bleed edge. If you need an exact size, just resize in Photoshop to cut the edges away (Image/Canvas Size) to 3.5"x2"

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rickc

Jeremy - tried it a couple of time, and get a "page not found" error...

R

rickc

Hmmm... try again, seems to work for me. I think BAS might have fixed the link (?)

Someone did! :icon_chee

Thanks for your work on these. I wanted to get some new personal business cards, with name and contact information, and these will provide a nice one-two punch. I'll be able to provide my information and promote the site as well! Thanks!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
FYI

I plan to make it out to Asheville for the Pig Pickin' this weekend ... and if I do I'll bring some of the professionally printed generic North Carolina Woodworker cards with me so people can take a handful. I ordered 2500 ... so please take a bundle!

After that, I plan on being at the Klingspor show and will bring them there too.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
FYI - I will be bringing a couple thousand of the "generic" NCWW business cards to invite others to join us to the Klingspor Extravaganza on SATURDAY. I will leave them with the NCWW booth. PLEASE STOP BY AND TAKE A HAND FULL ... they are doing no good sitting in my shop!

DavidF

New User
David
I like Jeremy's design a lot - nice going! Bas can you take Jeremy's design and do the same as before and make them automatically personalized?

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
FYI - For the Raleigh-area crew ... I left a majority of the business cards that I had printed with Steve Coles ... so they are in your neck of the woods now. If you want some, please get them! They don't do any good collecting sawdust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS