Burls from liftnaleg1 in Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I am thinking of making the drive out out from Raleigh to Chris's to get some of the Cherry and Birdseye Maple burls. If others are considering getting some of these, I am willing to transport them. A little help for the price of gas is all I would ask. Let me know if you are interested.

Doug

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I'd love some Maple burl... happy to pay for fuel. I can front the cash if you would like. Thanks Doug!

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I am in for more of both. Let me know. Let me know if you want/need a driving companion.

newtonc

New User
jak
I'm not sure how/rate it's being sold.But if you are going I will be interested in purchasing some of each.And more than happy to help with your travel expense.
thanks
john

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Doug thanks so much for helping everyone...As a reminder I have some with numbers up on classifieds, and number 5, 6, 10, 11 are spoken for...I will also have another load tmorrow...probably a little bigger than todays batch...Now that I know were the tree is...lol. GUys I will do my best to provide plenty of pcs for the money you send...I promise they all have the same amount of burl and birdeyes in them and if one doesn't I will throw in more pcs....Woodartz/Bob will tell for the money I load you down...:eusa_danc.

I will also throw in 5-10 pen blanks with each order...this will make some awesome pens...

My number is 828-994-7333, if you have any special request,

Thanks guys
Chris

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I would also like #8 and the last one in the last pic that is un numbered if available.

Thanks.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Doug,

Depending on price, which I'm sure is fine, I'd like a couple of them. Let me know what you need from me.

Thanks.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Doug,
I'd be interested in having you pick a few up for me.
Let me know if it works out and how to get the gas money to you.
Ron

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
So far I have the following people interested:

DaveO
Woodartz
Cyclopentadiene
NewtonNC
NCTurner
JimmyC
Dan
Yellowfins,
GeorgeL

There will probably be a couple more by the end of the day. Two of the forgoing are in Hillsborough, 2 in Clayton, and in Greensboro. Depending on the route I take it might make sense to drop Cyclopentadiene's off on the way backl to Raleigh. (Let me know if this would work for you).

I plan on filling the bed of my truck and the back of the cab with burls. We'll see how it goes. NCTurner has let me know how much he wants to spend. Perhaps each of you should PM Chris to let him know what you are interested in so he can repsond with a $ quote and put the burrls aside for you.

Doug

Last edited:

GeorgeL

New User
George
Doug,

Add my name to the list. I want to get some for Alex. I will contact Chris to make arrangements.

Thanks,
George

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Doug,

Chris has the #'s for the Burls I am buying, with the exception of the cherry, I am leaving that to him to work out as he was more than fair in my last purchase. I ended up getting among others a 70lb giant Cherry Burl that is nice and round:gar-La;. This time around I have asked him for some more medium pieces.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Things are shaping up. Many of you have made your arrangements with Chris. :eusa_clap Thank you! I am organizing the distribution aspects. Woodartz will get his and Newtonc's on my way back. JimmyC will pick up his and DaveO's I have heard from GeorgeL, NCTurner, Dan and DavidF. That leaves Yellofins and Cyclopentadiene.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I has a pleasant visit with Chris today. His wood is sweet! Woodartz already picked up his and NEwtonc's wood. JimmyC is picking up his and DaveO's, NCTurner is comign by tonight, and I am working out the rest. You will NOT be dissapointed with these pieces! Sorry no pics. I brought the camera but the batteries died. Chris had his hands full filling the orders getting ready to cut more to fill a huge order tomorrow and taking care of his sick son.

Doug

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Doug, Jimmy and Chris.....more turning wood :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Now if someone could find a time burl to harvest, I would love lots of that.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS