Burial Urns

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
Is this program still going on? Haven't seen anything about it for some time now. Please move this to the appropriate forum if necessary.

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Is this program still going on? Haven't seen anything about it for some time now. Please move this to the appropriate forum if necessary.
Hi Tom from Clayton. Yes, indeed. The program is alive and well. We’re moving the program to a new Facebook page and will probably be gathering a group sometime in the early summer. Not sure where we’ll meet. I’ll create a group and include you. Hope to see you there!

Mark

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
Thanks Mark but I was interested in getting one for myself. Family and I have moved to Michigan and although I'm not circling the drain yet it is near enough in the future I need to think about it. I was hoping to somehow get the disassembled urn with a Navy emblem (U.S. Navy 66-70) and assemble it myself. I'm not sure how that can be accomplished. Any thoughts?.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Hi Tom from Clayton. Yes, indeed. The program is alive and well. We’re moving the program to a new Facebook page and will probably be gathering a group sometime in the early summer. Not sure where we’ll meet. I’ll create a group and include you. Hope to see you there!

Mark
Mark, please post the details here on the forum as well for all of us that don't use Facebook.

Thanks!

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you are interested in making for yourself, the plans are here: Burial Urn Plan 9x9. Hit the download button on the right side of the page.

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Mark but I was interested in getting one for myself. Family and I have moved to Michigan and although I'm not circling the drain yet it is near enough in the future I need to think about it. I was hoping to somehow get the disassembled urn with a Navy emblem (U.S. Navy 66-70) and assemble it myself. I'm not sure how that can be accomplished. Any thoughts?.
Hi Tom,

I’m honored to help. Please DM me your address. I’ll have one out to you next week. If you can easily manage a contribution to our program, we’d be grateful. Just click contribute at the top of your screen and select the Vets urn program.

Mark

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Hi Tom,
I just sent a personal message. I'm have no doubt that we can work something out.

Mark

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
A new Facebook page is being created, the old one was assigned to a member that has passed away. Attempts to work with the family in transferring ownership of that page has not been successful.

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
The Facebook page will let vets find information about our program -- informational only. Not meant to be very interactive. We're also preparing updated brochures and will be working to place an article in this year's Veteran's Resource magazine. I've lived in NC since '98 -- and am an AF veteran. Until our picnic last year, I had no idea that anyone did this for vets.

Last edited:

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Just a suggestion, but maybe set up accounts on Instagram and TikToc also specifically for the urns. An occasional post there will get a younger set of eyes on it and maybe some new blood for the site. Don't forget that not everyone uses Facebook. (Such as myself)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors