Bridge City Tool Works???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Alexander

New User
Don
had me interested until i saw the price tag

i've never been one to complain about quality tools costing something unless the price is so high as to be rediculously out of reach this qualifies i would think 400-450 bucks while still high would be alot more palatable for alot more people

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
They've sold every one of those overpriced saws they've made in advance and have plenty of orders to fill in a rough economy. Obviously a lot of others see value in the saw. The great thing about some of the tools from BCT is they appreciate in value as collectors will pay crazy money for them. I met the owner at a Lie Nielsen toolshow and got to play with one of these saws. I can't see needing it but for the right person nothing else does what it does.

On their home page there is a note from their founder, John Economaki. It sums up where they are coming from:

"For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious."

If you want to make a diy version with limited function, a friend of mine in Wales has created one for slotting fretboards with some thick aluminum angle and flatstock, 2 linear bearing sets and a Kataba blade. He posted a video here: http://www.youtube.com/PeteHowlett#p/u/9/nOW_pP3b8iI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS