Brass pins/rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Seehuetter

New User
Chuck
Steve. I had to use brass for some hinges a while ago and just went to a local welding supply store and bought brass brazing rod. It comes in several diameters. Don't know if it would fit your needs but it's a source.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Steve,

You can get brass rod at Lowe's. I use it for pins in some of the boxes I've made.

Rick Doby

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
The bigger hobby stores all carry assortments of small brass rod and tubing in short lengths of 12-24". They also carry aluminum and copper tubbing so you can make softer dis-similar metal bearing surfaces if the rods will need to move freely. I've used quite a bit of it. Brass rods of various sizes up to about 1/4" dia. are also available at welding supply houses.

Charley

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll second Rick's suggestion of Lowe's. I too have found what I've needed there several times, and pretty cheap also.

Dave:)

I found a place on the net today called "Speedy Metals" and ordered a number of diameters in 18" lengths. They have many diameters and many lengths. The price looked good to me. They have already shipped (hence the name "Speedy Metals" I guess). I'll post in the where to buy if the quality is as good as the prices and service. Thanks to all for their suggestions. Should have thought of Lowes, my wife works there in the Lawn & Garden Dept. She could have brought them to me tonight. Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS