Brass box hinges

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
For a number of years, I have used Brusso hinges for all of my small boxes, cabinets, etc. They are without a doubt among the finest available. The only problem is that they are very expensive. I have tried other hinges from time to time, but have always been disappointed.

Not too long ago, I had ordered some small brass screws from Horton Brasses in Cromwell, CT. I was impressed with their service and the quality of the product. About a week ago, I was looking through their catalog and saw some small box hinges for $5.00/pair. I figured for that price, I can't go wrong, so I ordered some.

Well, I have to say that these hinges are on a par with Brusso. They are machined, and beautifully made. I still can't believe that they can sell these for $5.00. They would be a bargain if they were $5.00 each.

Check them out at:

Horton Brasses

This company is family run, and makes everything they sell I believe. Their service is exemplary. They specialize in reproduction period type hardware, so if you're into that kind of thing, I would urge you to check them out.

I have no association with them, and have received nothing from them for posting this. I am just one really satisfied customer.

Matt

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's great to know. Brusso does think very highly of their hinges. It's good to know another source that is high quality but a little more affordable.
Thanks!

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the post Matt. Brusso's are great but who can afford them. I will have to order a few pair of these for those Christmas boxes in my future.

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks Matt, I added this fascinating company to my supplier bookmarks. It is nice to see a company offer USA made quality products at reasonable prices. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS