Boy oh boy... it's Amboyna

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I bought this chunk of amboyna to make pen blanks... decided to go bowling instead. Amboyna is easy to turn and smells kinda nice too. I left it a little thick because the burl eyes seemed like they wanted to move a little.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I bought this chunk of amboyna to make pen blanks... decided to go bowling instead. Amboyna is easy to turn and smells kinda nice too. I left it a little thick because the burl eyes seemed like they wanted to move a little.

I wish you could have cored that. Then you would have pen blanks and a sweet bowl too. Amboyna is my most favorite wood, too bad it's soo expensive. Maybe you could glue the bowl shavings back together and have Amboyna MDF :eusa_thin

Beautiful bowl BTW :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I wish you could have cored that. Then you would have pen blanks and a sweet bowl too. Amboyna is my most favorite wood, too bad it's soo expensive. Maybe you could glue the bowl shavings back together and have Amboyna MDF :eusa_thin

Beautiful bowl BTW :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dohh! I should have tried that. The wife mentioned that I should get a corer. Oh well, I gotta go sweep up the shavings...

Thanks Dave... thanks everbody!

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
sweet bowl love amboyna as well.
I've found too many times now that when I look at a blank its pens or bowls... several times it been trim an inch here and there for pens and then a smaller bowl... sheesh what ya posed to do?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS