Box on frame/stand

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Hank:
I found the SAPFM presentation on photographing furniture but it is now in a publication called "American Period Furniture" volume IV, September, 2004. The 4 page article (page 32) is by Robert Millard, a prominent cabinet maker I believe out of Ohio.
I do not see any copyright information anywhere but I think I should ask SAPFM if the article can be reproduced and distributed.
Stay tuned
David

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank:
I found the SAPFM presentation on photographing furniture but it is now in a publication called "American Period Furniture" volume IV, September, 2004. The 4 page article (page 32) is by Robert Millard, a prominent cabinet maker I believe out of Ohio.
I do not see any copyright information anywhere but I think I should ask SAPFM if the article can be reproduced and distributed.
Stay tuned
David
yes, that is a good idea - if they agree, maybe we could put it on NCWW as an article or blog post?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
[QUOTE="Looking at the recommendations for "high quality" photos it sure is a lot of extra hoops and expense just to take a few one-off photos to post on NCWW."
Jeff, We're about education in woodworking, not just a social site. If members here are wanting to gear up to learn better photography tips to better present their work for sale, then I welcome the extra hoops and expenses involved. These tips also work for posting pictures of food on other sites, not just NCWW.
[/QUOTE]

You're misinterpreting what I said and intended. Look at the next sentence in my post which you didn't include in yours. If members want to "gear up" for better pictures that's up to them and it's not a problem for me. Also, look at the input from David Turner which maybe wasn't posted when you sent your comment to me.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
John Keeton over on the creek was a pro photographer and is an accomplished turner. He will send you a summary 'intro' to photography that I found to be a good read if you send him a request. I haven't taken the time to apply the techniques, yet.

Of course it cost $6 to send/receive messages and look at pictures.

Here's the link to his webpage: about me

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Hank:

Received authorization from the Board of Directors of Society of American Period Furniture Makers (SAPFM) for use of the article and they even sent me an additional article that I had forgotten about. Please send me your Email address as they made some stipulations in the response that you should be aware of and follow. When I forward the Email to you, you will see the attachments that are downloadable.

David Turner

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS