Bowls=Money,,we need to market!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
And just think, you saved $72 on that bowl.

I remember a thread a while back about marketing and selling things made by folks on this board. I've seen alot of nice turnings made here and hope anyone here trying to sell has good luck.

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
Hey, wait a minute. According to the add those are; “ hand carved.” solid Maple serving and salad bowls!

Hand carved is different than utilitarian bowls turned on a lathe.

Hand carved bowls is dishwasher safe, turned bowl ain’t!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Hey, wait a minute. According to the add those are; “ hand carved.” solid Maple serving and salad bowls!

????????????

RobD

New User
Rob
I went to an art gallery in NoDa (art district in Charlotte) and they had a number of turned wood bowls for $80-$200. Some of the wood was really beautiful but others were pretty ordinary. I am not sure what it would take to get your bowls sold there, but a lot of what I have seen here would be right up their alley I think.

Not much on it, but here is their website: http://www.beetonline.com/index.php?view=home

Big Mike

New User
Mike

What in the world are you talking about? :rolf: You don't put wood in the dishwasher unless you want to ruin it.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
I think those are machine turned nest cut bowls. Mass produced!

A hand turned bowl 14 inch diameter should be worth well over $100. :slap:

I think you are right, Mike. Look just like every other machine turned bowl I have seen. Same curvature....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS