Bosch RA1181 + Hitachi M12VC Router $200 SOLD

Echd

C
User
Pictures forthcoming.

I had the good fortune this week to pick up a router lift at a good price, so I am looking to offload my old router and table. My days of having to remove the router from the table to change bits are finally at an end.

Table is a Bosch 1181, with aluminum top and two feather boards. Other than being a bit dusty from storage while I remodeled my garage, it is in excellent shape. I always just clamped it down when using it.

Included is also a Hitachi M12VC router. Why am I not just keeping it for my new router you ask? Because although it is a (or at least advertised as, I'm always skeptical of HP ratings) 2.25 HP router much like the venerable Bosch 1617s and Porter Cable 690s of the world, it has a 3.27" diameter as opposed to the more common 3.5". I attempted fabricating a router insert adapter and I was not fully happy with the results. So I have a refurb Bosch 1617 on the way.

It is a very quiet router- surprisingly so- and I am keeping another one to use for handheld router tasks. I will also give you a plunge base (the fixed base mounts upside down in the Bosch table, but could be removed if you wanted I guess). The downside- no box, wrench, or bushings. Those parts are all easily sourced inexpensively if you need them.

$200

20210820_171959.jpg

What you see is what you get. The fixed base is currently mounted in the table. I did find a spare 1/4" collet so this will come ready to rock with 1/2 and 1/4.

I think this represents a roughly 50% off discount from both items new, so I believe it is fair.

I am located in Rockingham county.

Last edited:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Our set-ups are going to be darn-near identical. I'm using an old Bosch 1617EVS that I bought 20 years ago, used once, then put away because I didn't like using it. I hate those round handles.

One issue I discovered was that I can't get the 16mm wrench under the collet even when the lift is fully-raised. I ended up getting these to make bit changes easier:

1629493427250.png

Bosch RA1152 Offset Wrenches

1629493725773.png

Also, when you install the router motor in the lift, you'll also want to position the on-off switch and speed control where you can easily access it. I'm right-handed, so for me that was at about 4 o'clock when viewed from above. Don't ask how I learned this.

Echd

C
User
Yes sir, I figured I would probably end up needing the offset wrenches for mine. I'll probably end up installing a paddle power controller much like the table I'm selling has to not have to fumble around under the table much.

Pictures are being uploaded to the original post now.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Yes sir, I figured I would probably end up needing the offset wrenches for mine. I'll probably end up installing a paddle power controller much like the table I'm selling has to not have to fumble around under the table much.

It sounds like you've thought ahead, unlike me. :rolleyes:

Mine has the front-mounted switch. It was the speed control I really wanted access to.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS