Blue Ridge Tool Collectors Get-Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Thought some of you might be interested in another old tool get-together we're having in August. I know, I know, another #*%! old tool thing, and believe me, my sawdust making time is down to zilch. Anyway, most of the participants in this get-together are MId-West Tool Collector (MWTCA) members from the western end of the state, but this is not a sanctioned MWTCA event. Many of the folks in the western end of the state have been interested in starting an annual meeting in this end of the state because of the distance to Charlotte or Raleigh, particularly with recent soaring gasoline prices. Last years get-together was a lot of fun and this year should be even better. We had a very relaxed day sitting under the trees visiting and talking old tools. 12 people were set-up to sell, and we're expecting more people this year because of last years success. There will be lots of woodworking user tools at good prices. There's no formal program or meeting. I didn't include this in the public flyer (shown below), but there will be free drinks and hot dogs (maybe hamburgers and deer steaks too) for the MWTCA and NCWW folks. So come join us for a relaxed day outside under the trees. Following is the flyer we generated for the event:
¨2nd ANNUAL¨
BLUE RIDGE
TOOL COLLECTORS
TRADE SHOW
BUY-SELL-TRADE
8:00 AM UNTIL…
AUGUST 5, 2006
MICAVILLE, N.C.
(NEAR BURNSVILLE, N.C.)
STANLEY - SARGENT – UNION – MILLERS FALLS
KEEN KUTTER – BLUEGRASSWINCHESTER
¨FREE – NO ADMISSION-¨
LEADING TOOL COLLECTORS THROUGHOUT THE AREA WILL MEET AND HAVE MANY TRADE TABLES WITH LOTS OF ANTIQUE & COLLECTIBLE TOOLS FOR
SALE AND TRADE. WOOD PLANES, CHISELS, SAWS, MEASURING & MARKING TOOLS, AXES, HAMMERS, DRAW KNIVES, WRENCHES, MECHANICS TOOLS, PRIMITIVES. MANY RARE, HARD TO FIND, AND COLLECTIBLE TOOLS, PLUS MANY WOODWORKER USER TOOLS. PUBLIC IS WELCOME, BRING YOUR OLD TOOLS TO SELL, TRADE OR APPRAISE. COLLECTORS WELCOME, BRING YOUR TABLES AND OLD TOOLS TO SET-UP. THIS WILL BE THE LEADING ANTIQUE TOOL SHOW OF THE YEAR IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA, SO IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN OLD ANTIQUE COLLECTIBLE TOOLS, THIS IS AN EVENT YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS.

DIRECTIONS: MEETING WILL BE HELD ON SPAR MILL ROAD OFF HWY 80 IN MICAVILLE. DIRECTIONAL SIGNS WILL BE POSTED ALONG THE HIGHWAYS FROM ALL DRIVING DIRECTIONS. FROM THE BURNSVILLE OR SPRUCE PINE DIRECTION, TAKE HWY 19 TO HWY 80 SOUTH AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS. FROM THE MARION DIRECTION, TAKE HWY 70 TO HWY 80 NORTH AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS, OR HWY 221 TO HWY 194 WEST TO HWY 19E SOUTH TO HWY 80 SOUTH AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL:
TIM EVERETTE 910-740-3617
–OR-
RANDY OSBORNE 828-279-4993

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Thanks for the post. I hope I can make it - with gas prices the way they are, and it's a fer piece from Mayberry.
Jim in Mayberry

M

McRabbet

I'm planning on being there -- it sounds like it will be a fun time!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS