Biesemeyer splitter on a Dewalt DW746

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburke911

New User
Mark
Hello,
Has anyone tried to mount a biesemeyer T-Square Anti-Kickback Splitter (similar to this one: http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Bieseme...d_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1200863302&sr=8-1 ) on a Dewalt DW746 table saw? If so how did you do it and how much of PIA was it? I have been thinking about getting a new splitter that is faster to remove and insert and this one caught my eye. Also any reason it wouldn't work with a Tru-Cut insert setup? Any thought would be apreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The picture you show looks almost exactly like what I had on my PM-66. Even with the one specifically for that saw, I had to modify it a little, but all in all, I would say it is a lot easier to do than I would have expected.

How does your existing blade guard attach to the saw assembly? That is the real kicker for making it work. If memory serves the center part of the splitter mechanism attaches to the saw frame where the old blade guard assembly mounts and through the back of the saw. The adjustment to get it aligned with the blade was the same as you would do for the existing guard. Then there was one more bolt that went through the back of the saw and this one was to keep the splitter parallel.

I think it will work. The only negative I can remember is no more thin kerf blades as the splitter is 1/8" wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors