Belt Sander Race at AWFS in Las Vegas Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedovetailjoint

New User
The Dovetailjoint
Hey everyone,
I’m finally home following my trip to Las Vegas for AWFS and first I wanted to thank everyone who offered suggestions on how to build a racing sander. I’m happy to report that from a field of 26 sanders that we came in second place! And not only that, we were .09 seconds behind first place! Not too shabby for our first time out. We also had an awesome wreck at the end of the track during one of our races, which was captured on film from a couple angles. You can see both of these videos on our belt sander racer build blog: http://www.belt-sander-racer.blogspot.com
I also had a video camera mounted on the sander and will post those videos shortly.

What a blast! This is something everyone should try at least once. Have a great week, Scott

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool and awesome blog. I had no idea that much effort went into belt sander racing. And congrats on the 2nd place finishing. That's something to be proud of...I think :lol::lol:

The guy that caught your sander needs to try out for the NFL. he's got great hands :-D

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors