Before and After Lathe Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I have just completed a lathe upgrade from a Delta Midi to a NOVA DVR XP. A good deal from Craft Supplies USA. $200 off lathe, free bed extension and free Super NOVA 3 chuck and threaded insert.

Before - Delta Midi

DSC07681.JPG

After little brother and big brother...

DSC07682.JPG

NOVA DVR XP

DSC07684.JPG

I haven't made any chips with it yet...maybe tomorrow. :eusa_danc

I had not planned to get the bed extension, but I could not turn down free. I had to add 4" to the top of my lathe stand.

Badabing

New User
Joe
That is nice! and a sweeeet deal too :icon_thum

How do you like the Nova? Did you shop around? I'd be interested in hearing some of your results if you did.

Gary K

New User
Gary
Congratulations! I know you will love the DVR-XP. I have the older DVR 3000 which I am very happy with. Now, go make some chips, your shop is much to clean.:rolleyes:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Dolan, you have gone to the dark side?????

Nice acquisition but I didn't realize you had gotten into turning. Something I haven't really gotten into myself. What all do you turn?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Dolan, why would you post something like this when I have all the money for my honeymoon and haven't booked the flight/rooms yet. :eusa_naug :rotflm: Nah, I know better than to buy tools with it. That WOULD NOT go over well. :kamahlitu:realmad::qleft7::qright5:

Sounds like one heck of a deal! Great find and I'm sure you'll enjoy the new lathe! :icon_cheers

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Wow, HF has a metal stretcher, and Dolan has a prototype lathe stretcher.

How is the wood stretcher coming along?

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
That is nice! and a sweeeet deal too :icon_thum

How do you like the Nova? Did you shop around? I'd be interested in hearing some of your results if you did.

Joe,

So far I really like the NOVA -- I've used it all day yesterday and a few hours today. After I use it some more I may post my thoughts.

I did check with three businesses here in NC. I considered Woodcraft since they had a 10% and 15% sale on July 24-25 but I saved almost $300 with CSUSA even with shipping.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Dolan, you have gone to the dark side?????

Nice acquisition but I didn't realize you had gotten into turning. Something I haven't really gotten into myself. What all do you turn?

Travis,

I bought a Delta Midi that was used in the classroom from the Woodcraft store that closed in Raleigh that Tom managed. So I have been sliding down that slippery slope for 2 years now and there don't seem to be a bottom. I have turned, pens, bowls, tops, twig pots, lidded boxes, miniature bird houses and as of yesterday -- acorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS